cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need a help to design the scenario using BPM.

I am getting material number, plant and country data from the database ( MDM ) and depends on the country and the plant find the receiver ( out of 7 receiver ). Using the above three fields select the qty and price from the receiver ( Eg. R/3 4.7 ) and upload back to MDM table.

This needs to be done every row ( all the material number ) in the MDM, frequently ( weekly ). I am kind of thinking like trigger the even by BPM and fetch the data from MDM by line by line and by using XPath find out the receiver and get the data from R/3 using select with key fields of above and update into MDM and do commit.

Can anyone please explain the interface involved and the way needs to proceed.

Many thanks for your valuable input and points will be awarded.

Dave

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think this can be done without a BPM.

1. JDBC Sender Adapter - To select the rows from your Database.

You can do conditional Receiver Determination on the basis of the Source Payload of your JDBC sender adapter.

3. Do the RFC look up in your message mapping to get the quantity and price from R3.

4. use a sender JDBC adapter to do the requisite update in your Database.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh

Could you please let me know the details how you select the rows from MDM table??

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks to everyone.

just one more question, for R/3 4.7 i can use proxy, but if one of my receiver has 4.6 then i have to go for adapter. Have anyone got any idea to describe this or any links would be helpful.

Thanks again.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The best way would be aviod BPm and use the receiver determination using XPATH.

Do have a look @ this weblog for more details.

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2005/08/03/xpath-to-show-the-path-multiple-receivers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAPXI,

Instead of using BPM, can't you just use RFC and do the updation.

You can find out the receiver fromt he condition editor of receiver determination itself.

Regards

Vijaya