cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is 3rd party software required for auto creation of DIR for scanned copy,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP gurus.

The current business process is there are 100s of service order, (IW31 creation TC) and each service order has its own 50-60 external documents attached to it.

unfortunately there is no standard link from SAP DMS at Service order (lW31, TC) level.

Here i tought of creating a document folder in EDMS or structure with the reference of service order No. And keeping this service order as reference we need some 50-60 documents (files) to be directly assigned to the main service order No, with out any manual intervention.

Here is what the user does in the present system

With our client in the present system they use a 3rd party software for mail and scanner interface, here Any x, y, z user scans an document or Mails a document with attachments, just giving the subject line as the Service order already created.

The document attachment directly comes and sits inside the predefined Service Order folder. Along with the user name who sent the document and the time he sent the document.

Is the same thing possible in SAP ie.. Creating or attaching documents with out any manual interventions taking the reference of Mails sent having the subject line as the DIR

Does this require 3rd party interference to do this, will any BAPI /BADI to do this for DMS with out 3rd party software.

is there any upload programme that should be used which will avoid 3rd party software.

please explain. points waiting.

Thanks and warm regards

Priya S

Edited by: Priya S on Mar 16, 2009 4:32 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You do not object link to IW31 when you link documents. Documents must be linked as a PRT (production resource tool) for them to be used here. I suggest you do a search as there have been a number of topics showing how to link as a PRT so I am not going to type it out again.

Do not use archivelink/gos to store documents related to IW31. This will remove the ability for future options like printing documents with the work order if the requirement arises.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

We tried to link the documents at the Notification level insted of maintaining it at the Order level at IW**N

transaction,

and regarding the storage of document as PRT item, i could not find it of any use or is it making use of the standard DMS Funtionality atall,

as i could not search the document based on the Service order No in which i have attached the document as a PRT.

i could not get how linking of documents as a PRT in service order will be of any use to the business.

as it does not allow uploading any document as an PRT, it is only referring the DIR already present in the DMS, ( uploading of any file from Desktop is not possible in to the Order as a PRT.) like the create Document (page icon) is not available in PRT

Thanks and Regards,

Priya S

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priya

Create New Object link for Service Order by Enhancements so you would be able to link all your documents to Service Order.

This may help you in minimising your problem.

So whenever user creates Service Order he will link it to DIR's in DMS or Create DIR from Service orders by uploading documents from desktop.

Hope this is usefull to you

With Regards

Mangesh Pande

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priya

Check with your Scaning Solution Provider whether he can Create DIR from his application.

I know most of scaning solution are able to push data in R/3 eg Invoice data.

With Regards

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mangesh,

Thanks for your reply,

i dont know if this creation of new object link is quite simple or complecated, i do know the procedure how to go about it but never got it done, as it requires Access key and Abapper help.

let me know if any one have configured new Object links and it have worked fine just like the Std Object Links,

also we are not going for Scanner Interface to get our DIR created for scanned documents as it will cost extra for the client,

i have tought of storing the scanned documents in a particular folder and upload Proggramme to upload the files daily basis. but have not done it before do you have any idea how to go about this.and its fesebility or success rate.

Thanks and regards

Priya S

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priya

Creation of New Object link is not so hard job.If any expert ABAP Consulatnt is available he can do in a week.But It all depend on his understanding of functionality clearly and quicky.

For developement of new object link check this link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/b2/c043a66fab11d1949500a0c92f024a/content.htm

They work fine if you develope it as per procedure in above link.You just need good ABAP'er.

If you are trying upload Proggramme to upload the files daily basis from folder you can do this .

Just create folder on desktop put some docuemnts and run BDC to upload the document to DIR.I had tried once. Get help of Good ABAP'er to do your job.

If any help please get back.

With regards

Mangesh Pande