cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy DMS and C-folder integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

1) Is it always suggested to work with EDMS if we are going for C-projects and C-folder integration

and why? what are there benifits with EDMS and cons with Normal DMS please explain.

2) i think EDMS is not a complete work environment still, as it does not provide search options for most of the SAP Objects. is there a way out or note available to have search options for all the SAP Object like in SAP DMS? please explain.

thanks and kind regards.

Priya S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya

In EasyDMS version 7.0 SAP is planning to come up with advanced search functionality including object link based search. Also it is going to be compatible with latest version of MS office.

Benefits of EDMS over normal DMS are its very easy to use so that occasional users can use it. So it reduces the amount of training require. Also users can save the documents directly from the word documents/office applications. Also drag and drop, email storage are the other advantages.

I feel that even in the context of cprojects and cfolders integration with DMS also EDMS works good. If at all there is any problem there user can always display the document in SAP gui and work on that.

Regards

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi prasad, thanks for your answers,

Here the drop and drag options and the easy saving of the Documents in to EDMS from any application is some what lenghty process as i could try correct me if there is a simple process.

Each and every time we are asked to create a new DIR when trying to save (or drag and drop) the document.

we want to store the file or copy the file in to an already existing DIR, how can we achive this in EDMS.

also let me know when is this Version 7.0 coming to market.

here we are confused to suggest when to use EDMS and when to go by SAP DMS for there business senarioes. as some of the funtions which are there a-is not there in EDMS and vise versa.

thanks and regards

Priya S

Edited by: Priya S on Mar 16, 2009 10:14 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya

If you want to attach a new document/original to already existing dir, then just select a dir already created in EDMS then drag and drop another original from desktop. It will ask for workstation application and storage location and in dir creation on which you just click ok. Then it will be attached to the same dir.

Just give the description while creating the dir initially or else it will be a bit confusing. If you dont select the already existing dir before dragging and dropping a new original then a new dir only will be created.

Regards

Prasad

Answers (0)