cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOS, Archive link and DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

1) is there any relation or interlink between GOS (left hand corner small icon from whare we can store documents), Archive link storage and DMS please explain.

so that we can integrate / retrive documents stored through GOS by DMS or archive link search transaction.

I think storing of external documents using GOS is different from that of archive link storage or DMS, i'm i right ? but all these are used to maintain external document so there should be something to inter-relate them.

2) Again is there a easy search funtionality that is been provided for searching documents stored through GOS, or each time we have to go to the particular transaction from where it is stored, to see the documents stored through GOS.

we need a easy find or search option to retrive the documents stored through GOS. as through DMS we cannot upload or link documents to most of the SAP Object which GOS can do.

3) The document getting stored through GOS where does they get stored, is it in SAP Data Base? can they be stored in a different content server preferebly in DMS Content server

Awaiting your reply with points.

Thanks and Kind Regards

Priya S

Edited by: Priya S on Mar 16, 2009 10:16 AM

Edited by: Priya S on Mar 16, 2009 10:16 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Trying to Store the documents thorugh Store business object in to DMS content server,

Hope it will be possible. if so i will let you know,

right now closing the thread.

Many Thanks

Priya S

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. yes, the store business document option is Archivelink. its normally grayed out unless it has been configured properly. dms has nothing to do with this area.

2. there is no standard search functionality to search content of documents in GOS (using trex)

3. if you store using create attachment, these are stored in the database. If you store using "store business document" these can be stored in the content server. I advise against storing using the create attachment option, this is not a secure storage area.