Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help to install SAP ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am Shani Basha from UST Global India

As part of setting up an SAP environment, weu2019ve received SAP installation kit and we planned to start the installation with the following sequence of DVD s (Please correct if this is wrong)

51032641 DVD RDBMS MSSQLSRV 2005 SP2

51033511 DVD BS 2005 SR3 SAP Installation Master

51033500 DVD SAP ERP 6.0 SR3 Installation Export

51033508 DVD NW 7.0 SR3 Kernel WINDOWS, LNX_X

51033496 DVD SAP ERP 6.0 SR3 Languages

51033525 DVD SAP ERP 6.0 SR3 Components

51033513 DVD NW 7.0 SR3 Java based SW Components

In the above list the first DVD (51032641) has been completed which means MSSQL 2005 has been successfully installed.

Then started installing SR3 SAP Installation Master (51033511). However I held up in between the installation for media name Java Component NW 7.0, which asks for SAP:UT:NW04SSR3::😘 and to point the correct location contains the right label.asc file (If require I can send you the error screenshot). Iu2019ve searched the entire DVD and couldnu2019t find appropriate file

I called the SAP support personnel on the number 080-41398300 and we tried to log a case with the u201Creport a product erroru201D page but couldnu2019t. So sending this email

Please let me know if you require further information to provide assistance on this.

Thanks in advance

My Contact Info

Cell # +91-9895984709

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shani,

You must give the explicit path to the LABEL.ASC file, not just the root directory of the DVD. I just checked DVD 51033513 and I found "SAP:UT:NW04SSR3:SP14::" in LABEL.ASC at \DATA_UNITS\JAVA_J2EE_OSINDEP_UT. Give SAPinst this path.

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matt,

Thanks for the information it works

Thanks again

Shani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt

I move ahead from the previous screen using the information you had given. However in the very next screen it is asking for the java exe file

I have installed java in C:\j2sdk1.4.2_09\bin and set the environment variable as well however it is throwing the following error

"Directory C:\j2sdk1.4.2_09\bin is not a valid JDK directory: the java executable is missing."

Could you please help me?

Thanks,

Shani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt

I move ahead from the previous screen using the information you had given. However in the very next screen it is asking for the java exe file

I have installed java in C:\j2sdk1.4.2_09\bin and set the environment variable as well however it is throwing the following error

"Directory C:\j2sdk1.4.2_09\bin is not a valid JDK directory: the java executable is missing."

Thanks,

Shani

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What is the status.Are you able to get through the problem ?

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt

Thanks,

Shani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please cross check JAVA_HOME set to C:\j2sdk1.4.2_09 and secondly please try to install higher version of JDK. May be j2sdk1.4.2_16.

You can check PAM at http://service.sap.com/pam

Hope this helps.

Manoj Chintawar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I went from that screen

Now it is asking for SAP:ECC:600SR3:EXPORT(11/11):: in the label file for media name Installation Export 2 ECC60SR3

Please help

Regards,

Shani

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi, I went from that screen

>

> Now it is asking for SAP:ECC:600SR3:EXPORT(11/11):: in the label file for media name Installation Export 2 ECC60SR3

>

> Please help

>

> Regards,

> Shani

Just provide the LABEL.ASC file of you export 11

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can I get that??

Shani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you able to find export11 directory in the installation directory or on media?

Hope this helps.

Manoj

Edited by: Manoj Chintawar on Mar 20, 2009 3:30 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope..

Please assist me finding the export 11

give me the installation number so that i could search in Support Packages and Patches on

https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/swdc

Thanks,

Shani

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How many export files available when you extraxted all the zip files because on SMP export 11 is not available.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Any success ?

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying the options as you all said...

Will keep you posted...

Thanks for all

Regards

Shani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

These are the NW7.0 Java components

51033513_1 NW 7.0 SR3 SP14 Java based SW Comp. 1 of 4

51033513_2 NW 7.0 SR3 SP14 Java based SW Comp. 2 of 4

51033513_3 NW 7.0 SR3 SP14 Java based SW Comp. 3 of 4

51033513_4 NW 7.0 SR3 SP14 Java based SW Comp. 4 of 4

Its strange why it is asking for NWSR3 components version when we have seperate Java based SW components for ECC6

Have you got any reply from SAP?

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why dont you refer to the installation guides? It will give the media list for installing SAP ECC you can then download the required components and then follow the procedure in the guide to install SAP.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Iam not sure but can you give a last try dowloading "ERP 6.0 SR3 IDES Installation Master " according to your platform from service market palce

www.service.sap.com/swdc>Downlaods>Installation and upgrades>My company Application components>SAP ERP>SAP ERP 6.0>Ideas version Windows--MSSQL based on your system configuration you download the relevant IM

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am downloading the file. Will update you after trying this..

Thanks for the advice

Shani

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you said I tried installing using the downloaded file 51034992_13, however still I am facing the same error. Seems the location doesn't contain the file. Is this file can be downloaded separately..Or do you have the same??

Please put your thoughts..

Regards

Shani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you tried running the installation again providing the new JAVA component

just try giving only 51033526 rather than giving the label.ASC may be that would work

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fine

The process you have followed is right.Try downloading the java component which i said earlier.

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am downloading the zip file. It is of around 1.5 GB

Former Member
0 Kudos

I downloaded and extracted the file, however i cannot see the SAP:UT:NW04SSR3::😘 in any of the label.asc file

Regards

Shani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah, I tried installing with the extracted folder, however the error is as follows

You entered: C:\51033526 Found the label SAP:JAVA-DVD1:2005SR3:SAP Business Suite 2005 SR3 Java DVD::D51033526 but need the label SAP:UT:NW04SSR3:::

Regards

Shani

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Yeah, I tried installing with the extracted folder, however the error is as follows

>

>

> You entered: C:\51033526 Found the label SAP:JAVA-DVD1:2005SR3:SAP Business Suite 2005 SR3 Java DVD::D51033526 but need the label SAP:UT:NW04SSR3:::

>

> Regards

> Shani

If you are installing the ECC why it is asking for mNW04S file, i believe that you are doing something wrong.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

After running sapinst.exe what all the steps and the componets release you are getting there could you please tell me in detail may be some thing wrong with IM

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. SQL has been completed

2. From the 51033511 CD started sapinst.exe from IM_WINDOWS_X86_64 folder in DVD

From the first screen I choose SAP ERP 6.0 Support release

Selected SAP Systems >MS SQL server> Central System

Clicked Next

Chose Typical settings

Then ask for the software units

ECC has been already checked by default. AS ABAP and AS Java were also checked by default under

additional Netweaver software units

Clicked next

And next as I said For Java Component NW 7.0 it is asking for Label.asc file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think you may need "51033526 BS2005 SR3 Java Components" can you try downloading it you find this component at

www.service.sap.com/swdc>Select Installation and upgrade>search for installation and upgrade there provide the component label 51033526 and add it to download baske and give a try,btw what is your OS,JKD and system configurations you have

Let me know if needed more informations

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information Uday...

I will try this..

I am running windows 2005 x64 enterprise edition.

Hardware configuration of the server is as follows

Dual Core AMD Opteron 2222 SE processor (2 Processor)

20 Gig RAM

400 GB of free space in HDD