Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM with WM

juan_bauelos
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear QM Gurus,

We have a scenario in which WM (warehouse managment) active .

With inspection type 01 or 04, at the time to do UD, sample stock couldn't be posted automatically.

Since WM is active when GR is performed, stock is moved to a bin by WM. So I allway need to move the sample stock manually with cmov 333.

My questions are:

1.- Is that a standard behavior?

2- What can I do to take the sample stock from a WM -bin from inspection lot?

Any advice will be appreciated.

thanks in advance.

Jab.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As i understand you want Sample stock to move automatically to a storsge location.

for sample to move automatically after stock posting

go to SPRO->QM->Basic setting->maintain plant level setting->select your plant->go to inspection lot completion->assign cost center for destryed.

Now when you go to stock posting screen put your sample QTY in sample and save .it will move to storage location(Mvt 331)

or

One possibility is

SPRO->QM->Quality Inspection>inspection lot completion->Define Inventory posting-->infront of sample maontain 331 mvt type under Q stock.

Tell me if it helps.

Regards

Sujit S Gujar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Processing the Transfer Order for the Work Center

Use

You now create and confirm a transfer order for the material document.

Procedure

Creating the Transfer Order

1. Call up the transaction as follows:

Menu Path

Logistics ® Logistics Execution ® Internal Whse Processes ® PostChange ® Via Inventory Management ® Transfer Order ® Create ® By Material Document .

Transaction Code

LT06

2. Enter the following data:

Field

Data

Material document

Your material document number (defaulted)

Mat. document year

Current year

3. Choose .

4. To confirm that the sample quantity of the inspection lot is to be transferred to the quality work center, choose .

The prepared sample item is transferred from goods receipt (storage type 902) to the work center (storage type 917).

5. Choose . If any system messages appear, choose .

The second item, the remaining xxx pieces, are transferred to the high storage rack (storage type 001).

6. Choose .

The system creates the transfer order.

The system confirms the posting and assigns a number. Make a note of this number.

7. Choose until the overview tree appears.

The goods are now taken to the storage bins. When the goods arrive, you confirm the transfer order.

Confirming the Transfer Order

Menu Path

From the Internal Whse Processes node, choose Stock Transfer ® Confirm Transfer Order ® Single Document ® In One Step

Transaction Code

LT12

Field

Data

Transfer order no.

Number of your transfer order

3. Choose .

You now see an overview of the transfer order items.

You can see that xx pieces of your material have been posted to the quality work center and xxx pieces to the high storage rack.

4. To confirm the transfer order, choose .

Monitoring the Warehouse Stock

1. Call up the second session with the WM stock overview.

2. To update the data, choose .

You can see that the sample is now stored in storage type 917 Quality Assurance. The remainder of the inspection lot is stored in the high storage rack.

Result

You have now processed and confirmed the transfer order.

2)

Processing the Inspection Lot

Use

When you inspect the sample from the inspection lot you do not note any defects and, therefore, accept the inspection lot. You post the inspection lot quantity to unrestricted-use stock.

Procedure

Menu Path

From the Quality Management node, choose Quality Inspection ® Inspection Lot ® Usage Decision ® Record

Transaction Code

QA11

Field

Data

Inspection lot

Inspection lot number (defaulted)

If you need to search for the number, use the possible entries help for the Inspection lot field. In the dialog box, choose the tab page Goods Movement. Enter your material document number and choose . In the list, select your inspection lot and choose . The system copies the number into the field.

3. Choose .

4. Choose Edit ® Confirm receipt of certificate.

5. In the UD code field, use the possible entries help to select A1.

6. Choose .

The system determines the quality score 100 (very good) for this inspection lot.

7. On the Inspection lot stock tab page choose Proposal.

The system proposes the quantity of goods ready to be posted to unrestricted-use stock.

8. Choose .

The system confirms the posting.

9. Choose until the overview tree appears.

10. Switch to the second session and choose .

You can see the posted quantity in storage type 922 u2013 transfer posting area.

11. Switch sessions.

With regards

Yashodhan

juan_bauelos
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yashodan/Sujit.

I will try to test all your recommendations and I'll keep you informed about my results.

Meanwhile I'm rewarding points for your help.

Best Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi juan

also check following...

1.IMG: Logistics Execution > Warehouse Management > Activities > Transfers > Define Movement Types

Here please check that Your warehouse and movement type is there and also check the all settings by double clicking on movement type 331

2.IMG: Logistics Execution > Warehouse Management > Interfaces > Inventory Management > Define Movement Types >> LE-WM Interface to Inventory Management

Here you ensure that your IM movement type 331/333 are assigned to WM movement types 331 /333 and also have Immediate TO creation set to "A" (automatically in the background)

Warehouse Management also has movement types which, similar to their counterparts in Inventory Management, control the process flow in the warehouse. In particular, Warehouse Management movement types influence the interim storage area to be used (the organizational bridge between Inventory Management and Warehouse Management). You link the movement types from Inventory Management to the Warehouse Management movement types in Customizing to ensure a technical connection between WM and IM. For example, if a goods receipt for a purchase order or work order is posted using Inventory Management movement type 101 to a storage location with Warehouse Management, the system determines the corresponding Warehouse Management movement type and, depending on the settings for the WM movement type, generates stock in a "goods receipt" interim storage area. As to key 321 and 322, system needn't two movement type for one stock transfer from QI to unrestricted stock in WM, so you saw only the WM movement type 321 used for IM MVT 321 and 322.so for 331 of IM it will search for corrosponding 331 of WM.