Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material determination

former_member71163
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thru VB11 I maintained a record for the material 917 with alternative materials 927 & 928 with a substitution reason 004....when I created a sales order system throws a message"material 928 has been exculded" and also following tat msg an another msg poped up saying "quantity of 15 ea remains after product selection" .....here 15 is the quantity entered......can any1 explain wht does this msg conveys?...wht difference will I get if I change the substitution reason?......thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member648947
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Kumar,

My understaning of Material determination goes like this:

In your case , As you have maintained material Determination through VB11 system will not try to fill up the required quantity by 917 and then remaining by 928, it will simply bypass 917 and try to deliver 928 only.

Generally this is required in case of Promotions.

e.g during diwali or christmas period same prodcut should be delivered but with different packaging. In this case you will define Material 928 with different special festive packaging. and you will maintain material determination with validity period lets say one month. here for this perticular 1 month system will automatically substitute material 917 with 928. and 917 will not be delivered at all.

coming back to your error message

as there was stock qty 2 maintained for 928 it confirms the same during sales order processing and tells you the remaining quantity to be delivered is 8.

I hope it clarifies your doubt.

Regards,

Paresh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

check in VB02 whether u have maintained any material exclusion for u r product

regards

former_member71163
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Yes...there is an exclusion available for that product which is responsible for the first msg...but what is the meaning of the second 1?...can u give some inputs on that?

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mr.Saravanakumar

Hope you are fine

1.You are using Automatic product selection (Substitution reasons 0004 and 0006) the system replaces entered material automatically if it is not available

2.If the Automatic product selection is being used system may display (based on customizing) the enetered material and the substituted material as main and subitems in the sales order

3.When you enter an order, the system the system tries to fill the qty

of the order with the first material in the material determination master record.

If there is not enough of this material it fills the remaining qty with with the next material

The point no 1 and 3 are the reasons for the second popup

The reason for first popup is already explained well by the other friend

Regards

Raja

former_member71163
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Raja,

Thanks for ur input.......but I have entered 917 as the main item also I uploaded 5 qtys in the stock,besides 927 & 928 are the alternative materials where I have not maintained stock for 927 but for 928 2 qtys are maintained......when I create a sales order for 917 with qty 10 system throws me a msg "quantity of 8 ea remains after product selection" also system gives second line item for 928 with confirmed qty 2...my concern is for the first line item 917 system gives 2 as confirmed qty..but I have stock for 5 qtys and if I see the pricing details its showing price details for 10 qtys how its possible?....