cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Development version database

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are going to refresh DEV from PRD and want to use note 130906 to backup the version database.

Two questions regarding this:

1) Will PRD active version be replaced if the current version is not the same? Let me say program ZABC on DEV has version 1/2/3, and 3 is the current version. But the active version of ZABC on PRD is version 1, will version 2&3 be transported to copies system? Will active version be changed on PRD?

2) Will non-exist program be transport PRD? For example, ZTEST exist on DEV and has its version 1/2, but this program does not exist on PRD. Will porgram ZTEST and its version be transferred to PRD?

TIA.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> We are going to refresh DEV from PRD and want to use note 130906 to backup the version database.

>

> Two questions regarding this:

>

> 1) Will PRD active version be replaced if the current version is not the same? Let me say program ZABC on DEV has version 1/2/3, and 3 is the current version. But the active version of ZABC on PRD is version 1, will version 2&3 be transported to copies system? Will active version be changed on PRD?

You are going to refresh the DEV then how the PRD will change

>

> 2) Will non-exist program be transport PRD? For example, ZTEST exist on DEV and has its version 1/2, but this program does not exist on PRD. Will porgram ZTEST and its version be transferred to PRD?

>

Program can be generated into Production if you transported into Production, But in this case Developement system will be replaced with Production. Your Production system will still remain the same

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, change the question to avoid confusion.

1) Will copied system active version be replaced if the current version is not the same? Let me say program ZABC on DEV has version 1/2/3, and 3 is the current version. But the active version of ZABC on PRD is version 1, will version 2&3 be transported to copies system? Will active version be changed on copied system?

2) Will non-exist program be transport to copied system? For example, ZTEST exist on DEV and has its version 1/2, but this program does not exist on PRD. Will porgram ZTEST and its version be transferred to copied system?

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Sorry, change the question to avoid confusion.

>

> 1) Will copied system active version be replaced if the current version is not the same? Let me say program ZABC on DEV has version 1/2/3, and 3 is the current version. But the active version of ZABC on PRD is version 1, will version 2&3 be transported to copies system? Will active version be changed on copied system

if the progarm ZABC has the current active version 3 in DEV and 1 in PRD and you are going to refresh the DEV system by PRD system then yes it will change the version.

>

> 2) Will non-exist program be transport to copied system? For example, ZTEST exist on DEV and has its version 1/2, but this program does not exist on PRD. Will porgram ZTEST and its version be transferred to copied system?

If this program does not exist into PRD then how it will come into DEV, it will remain the same.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure whether you really understand this situation.

DEV

ZABC (Version 1, 2, 3), v3 is active version, but only version 1 is transferred to PRD

ZTEST (Version 1, 2), v2 is active version

PRD

ZABC (Version 1), v1 is active version

No ZTEST

Then I export version database from DEV, then system PRD to DEV, sure there is no version history in copied DEV system, then I import the version history into copied DEV. Then I want to know:

What is active version of ZABC in copied DEV?

Will ZTEST be imported into copied DEV?

What I want to is simple: copied DEV is exatctly same as PRD, no garbage, but need version history.

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
What I want to is simple: copied DEV is exatctly same as PRD, no garbage, 
but need version history.

What is the method of copy System copy or Client copy

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

System copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are doing system copy then you will be restoring backup or datafiles and conrtrol files etc of your PRD server.

It will be copy of PRD server. Then it has nothing to do what was in your DEV server, because it will go and you will be using a newdata ase.

Your server will be exactly as PRD server

Moreover, You can also do client copy of PRD into DEV server, It will also make the versions same as in PRD server

Regards,

Tajinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

You do not read note 130906 at all before you answer this question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We've done test:

1) In ABAP system, create program ZTEST1, release change request, activate program (the active version is version 1).

2) Backup databsase.

3) Change program ZTEST1, release change request and activate it again (active version is version 2).

4) Create another program ZTEST2, release change request, activate program (active version is version 1).

5) Export version history according to note 130906.

6) Restore database.

7) Import version database according to note 130906

And the result is:

• ZTEST2 does not exist in database. (maybe can check the version history from table directly.

• ZTEST1 current active version is version 1.

• ZTEST1 has two versions in version history, version 1 & version 2.

Answers (0)