cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

payment terms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I would like to know the impact of changing payment terms supppose a payment term was net in 30 days if i change it to 60 days will all my existing customer outtanding payments will be updated with same ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Changing the Payment Term in customer master or sale order will have impact only on the subsequent billing documents.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shipla

If you change the payment terms in CMR it can change the payment terms in the open sales orders and subsequent billing documents also.

Regards

Srinath

claudia_neudeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear customer,

with your describtion I don't know exactly where you will change the payment terms.

You can change the payment terms in the customer master data, in the document or in the definition of the payment terms in customizing.

1. You can change the payment terms in the document, then the payment terms are only relevant for

this document

2. You can change the payment terms in the customer master data.

Then the payment terms are relevant for this customer and for the documents they will be created

afterwards.

3. I would not propose to change the payment terms in the customizing of the definition for payment

terms. It would be better to create a new one.

I hope that the information are helpful.

regards

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia

Thanks a lot for the reply.I will put my question more clearly.

We have 3 custom payment term Y001 which is in immediately,Y002 is 30 days,Y003 which is in 60 days,we have y003 2 installments,1st insatllment 30 % with y001,2 nd insatllment 70 % with Y002.

Our requirement is that we should nt show customers payment as outstanding immediately.all payments should be in 30 days.

so we were trying to modify y002 ist installment also as 1st installment 30 % with y002 which means both installments will be in 30 days but they have to be shown as 2 installments.

So my query is will changing this at the config level will update the outstanding payments from showing them immediately to showing them in 30 days.

As you suggested it would be better to create new one i want to understand what will be the impact if we change this ?

Because there are a lot of customers it will be problem updating all customers with new payment term.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

any more inputs will highly appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpa

You have to change actually the day Limit in Payment terms from OBB8. But as I tried that Day limit cant be changed in any existing TOP. Thus you can copy the existing Payment terms into a new one and you have tochage the day limit there according to your requirement.

As you mentioned :

Our requirement is that we should nt show customers payment as outstanding immediately.all payments should be in 30 days.

So in new payment terms you may give day limit as 30. Thus after 30 days payment will be due for the customer.

Thanks

sangeeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

it depends on ur pricing structure...if you've a cash discount(SKTO Cond Type) based on payment terms..

then, it'll affect and another is in billing and payment processing..

Regards,

Raghu.