cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc to JDBC scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am using IDoc to JDBC scenario(asynchronous).I am getting each Material from SAP as an Idoc(MATMAS05).I have done the mapping and the scenario works fine.So for each Idoc an INSERT statement is created.As per my knowledge there are around 50K Materials in SAP , so it would create 50K INSERT statement.

1.Would 50K INSERT create a problem in the future?

2.Is there a way to combine a set(say 100) SQL INSERT query and insert in a single go ,without using BPM(should I use batch mode for this)?

3.How to check whether the SQL query has successfully executed or not?Is it through response or is there some other way?

Your sugesstion would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Venu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. There is a way by which R3 can combine say 1000 idcos(materials) and send it at once to XI...without BPM...../people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/18/collecting-idocs-without-using-bpm

2. However i would suggest doing 1 insert at a time should also not create a problem...as we have done the same..

3. If the INSERT goes in error ..you can monitor the same in the receiver JDBC communication channel

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

50K INSERT statements will not create any probem. In order to check whether the SQL queries are successfully executed or not, you can either use the JDBC response or check from Communication Channel Monitoring.

Thanks,

Subhajit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Based on some conditions you can also filter out the 50000 materials into different loads.

ex : each material types (RAW,FERT,HELB etc )

Mathews

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

50K would not create any problem.

you can use JDBC response that send no. of row inserted.