cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

currency in project

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

hi every one in my project my clients requirement is that they do project in different countries in that case my system should b able to adopt different currencies but in my system currency is coming from company code so i m not able to change that.kindly tell me the steps which are required to have multiple choice of currency in different projects (eg. for india project INR for US projects USD).

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prabu_kaliappan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Always project will follow company code currency.

The other way to solve this problem is, You can use transaction currency. Then you can use any currencies.

1. In your budget profile & Project profile set as Transaction currency.

2. Do the budgeting in CJ30 in any currency (USD,EUR)

3. The Project will follow the company code currency only. But your budgeting and other transactins will follw the transaction currency.

4. You should maintain the Exchange rate for the currencies which you are using.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Prabu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Use the ''transaction currency'' option instead of object currency or controlling area currency for your budget profile of project. Then you can create and release budget in different currencies. You can see the availability in object currency in S_ALR_87013558 report (in all currencies infact).

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

you can define your own currency for the project while creating the project, provided no costs or payments have been posted yet in the WBS element.

For this do not default a Proj currency in the Project Profilev (well even if you do you can overwrite the default value while creating the project.)

Do not make the project currency field a hidden or display field so that you can edit it (How silly for me to give this advice (-;)

Conditions from SAP:

***If the controlling area and company code have the same currency, then you can specify an object currency for the work breakdown structure which is different. This currency becomes the project currency.

***If the controlling area and company code have different currencies, the company code currency is the project currency.

with regards,

Ravi