cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIR + Sales Order. Sales Order < PIR

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Super Gurus,

I have a planning enviromet with demand and Sales Order, when I execute heuristic in PPDS and Sales Order come with qty > or = than PIR everything is ok and production is planned correctly

However, when I have the Sales Order with qty < = PIR, total qty of the Sales Orders is planned OK and the remainng part of the PIR is planned with and Independent order

Does anybody know how can I plan the all together? I mean avoid the remaining qty of the PIR

Thanks in advance to everyone

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rafael,

Need a bit more information.

It is unclear to me which strategy you wish to use to plan your FGs parts. The scenario you have described is 'normal' in a couple of planning scenarios.

Can you tell me:

FGS = MTS or MTO?

PIR's purpose: Plan the manufacture of finished goods, or plan the manufacture of components, or both?

Components: MTS or MTO?

PIR consumption: Consumed by sales order? Goods Issue? or.....?

Lot sizing strategy for FGs

Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your response

I´m working in a MTS scenario, with PIRs consumption against Sales Order.

When sales order comes with qty equal or higher, everything is ok, however when is less qty, if I re-plan, and order is planned for the remaining qty of the PIR

Just only working with finish products, components no planned

Thanks, if you need more detail please let me know

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rafael,

You didn't tell me the lot sizing strategy for FGS.

It sounds like you are saying that you do not want a planned order for the balance of the 'not sales order' requirement. You further say you do not want to plan any components. If this is so, why are you entering a planned independent requirement in the first place? The purpose of the PIR is to create demand for the product so as to generate planned orders.

Anyway, this behavior is normal for ERP strategy 40 "Planning with final assembly", (SCM strategy 20). If you want ERP Strategy 52 "Planning without final assembly" use SCM strategy 30. This will give you convertable planned orders for your finished goods, and non-convertable planned orders for the balance.

[ERP Strategies for Make to stock production|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/EN/cb/7f93cc43b711d189410000e829fbbd/frameset.htm]

[SCM Forecast consumption|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/47/9dd3658b3b3c5ce10000000a421937/frameset.htm]

Maybe I have misunderstood, and you are saying that you don't want TWO planned orders, you only want one 'big' one. If this is the case, then look to your lot sizing strategy. You probably should use a period based strategy, eg '1 week's worth of requirements' or similar.

Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

May be I should not answer this post.....since you are asking super gurus...

Did you consider "Forecast horizon"?

So, as I understand, you use strategy 20 in APO that lets incoming sales orders consume the forecast. The idea behind this is to keep the total demand constant.

If you have a forecast of 100 ans no sales order qty., then your total demand is 100

Then you get a sales order for 50, then the forecast becomes 50 and sales order qty. 50 keeping the total demand still 100.

The system still plans to all 100.

Now, some clients want to consider only sales orders for planning in the first few days starting today. We got "FORECAST HORIZON" in SNP2 tab of the location product master that lets the system not to consider forecast for the number of days specified in this parameter starting from today.

Please let me know if that's what you are trying to do here.

Thanks.