cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If we have many line items in the sales order and business is giving different discounts based on product group. These disciounts should proportionately apply to the all the line items of that product group in that S.O.

Say in an order there are 20 line items 5 of them belong to group A, 5 to Group B, 5 to group C and 5 to group D

Now we give the following discounts A-5000$, B;2000$, C:3000, D:6000$.

Respectively these discounts should be applied proportionately to their set of 5 line items. This discount is not maintained in condition record and is usually given manually in the sales order.

Thnaks

Akk

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AKK

Header conditions are always manual, I mean you have to enter those manually in the Sale order at Header level.

Header conditions do not contain Access sequence as there is no condition record created for them, so nothing to search.

Therefore creating condition table for Header condition does not make any sense.

Header conditions are of two types, one type of Header conditions are distributed (e.g, HB00) and another type is copied to each item (e.g, RB00).

Those Header conditions which are marked as "Group condition", they are distributed proportionately on each item (distributed on each item based on Net value, in standard settings which can be changed ).

Suppose, you have using Header condition which is also a Group condition, then it will get distributed proportionately on each item of the Sales order irrespective of "Material group" they belong to.

As I have already mentioned that, in standard settings Header condition is distributed proportionately on the basis of net value and you can change the basis of distribution by putting the right routine in the "Alt Cond Base value " field in the Pricing Procedure.

Therefore, in my suggestion, either you create 4 different orders for your four different material group and enter the Header conditions in those individual orders, OR

-You create 4 different Header conditions,

-Enter those Header conditions in your Pricing procedure

-create a new requirement by taking the help of your ABAPer that distribution is restricted to that particular Material group only.

-assign those requirements to the Header conditions in the Pricing procedure.

Now, you can try by entering those Header condition in the Sale sorder.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

U need to add material group as one of the parameter in the condition condition table and then u need to appy this condition type on the header of Sales order so the it will provide discount based on material group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If it is header then their will not be conduction record only item conduction have access sequence.

So why at header it should be at item

Sageer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to maintain access sequence based on material group

then maintain connection record

Sageer

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi AKK

If you have many line items and if you are giving discounts based on the product group then , maintain a condition table with key combination of sales orgn / material group . Now assign these condition table in the access sequence and Assign the access sequence in the condition table. and maintain the conditon record

Secondly Make sure in V/06 you have checked the group conditon and maintained it as the group condition

So as per the material group you can give the discounts at item level as for Material group A - 5% , Material group B - 7% , Material group C - 9%

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinath,

The issue is that i cant maintain conditon records as the discounts are given manually at say header level for each order and willl vary from order to order.

I can have multiple conditions at header level to cover discounts for different product groups.

Say if the item sold in the sales order are TV1, TV2 and PC1 and PC2

I have given on header 2000$ disocount for products TV and $1000 discount for PC's.

At line item level, how can these discounts be applied proportionately so that true margins can be calculated.

Any futher inputs on this will be appreciated.

Thanks

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi AKK

As you are telling that you are maintaining the discount at header level manually for each order then the value will vary because for some orders there could be some extra discounts which you might have given , because of that only the value will vary.

So say you have material's TV1 , TV2 , PC1 & PC2 as 4 line items and if you enter manually in the sales order then if you enter the discount value manually then it will be distributed to all 4 items

For you information if you enter at header level it will be distributed to all 4 line items in the ales order . So you can enter the discount value twice and distribute.then the total value(entered twice) of that discount will get distributed to all 4 line items

So as Rs.2000/- disc has to be distributed to TV products and Rs.1000/- has to be distributed to PC's So in Discount condition type details V/06 assign the access sequence with the key combination (as mentioned in the previous thread ) and maintain condition record .

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this u can maintain in two ways

1. take material group key for condtables and maintain condrecords in VK11, check item condition in V/06

2. maintain it as header condition in V/06 (activate indicator header condition) and activate groupd condition in V/06. (no vk11 condrecords, user has to give discount amount manually at hader level in VA01)

hope u this will help u

regards,

sk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maintaining the condition records is not possible as these discounts are not fixed. These discounts are depend on order to order and are always inputted manually.

So, i want to input these discounts at header level and want to proportionate them to respective items based on the product group. But I am notr sure how to do it. Can you explain this in detail.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a doubt

Why would a header condition require a table when it doest nt have any access sequence?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

u mean condtable, it is not required for header condtypes, because it doesn't require access sequence.

regards,

sk

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The best method is to maintain the discount in VK11 based on Material Group so that your requirement can be fulfilled. Manual intervention will always have a change of commiting mistakes which will later on have an impact on FI documents.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi