cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem about system copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a ecc6 abap system, this week, I installed the java-addin to the abap system.

then if I want to do a system copy from this ecc6 system to another machine. which guide should I follow : the abap system copy guide or the abap+java system copy guide?

and in another machine, first, I should install ecc6 software then do a system copy, which installation type should I choose: install abap system or abap+java system? or, install abap sytem first, then install the java-addin, finally, do the system copy?

Could you give some ideas? thanks a lot.

Edited by: victor on Mar 14, 2009 5:04 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go through following link

https://websmp206.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000416402008E.pdf

This guide is for SR3 abap+java stack.

If you have SR2 or installed the EHP then the guide will be different. You can get system copy guide on

http://service.sap.com/instguides

Regards,

Sachin Rane.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> I have a ecc6 abap system, this week, I installed the java-addin to the abap system.

>

> then if I want to do a system copy from this ecc6 system to another machine. which guide should I follow : the abap system copy guide or the abap+java system copy guide?

>

You should follow ABAP+JAVA homogeous system copy guide.

> and in another machine, first, I should install ecc6 software then do a system copy, which installation type should I choose: install abap system or abap+java system? or, install abap sytem first, then install the java-addin, finally, do the system copy?

If you have ABAP+JAVA stack instaleed then you can go with standarad homogeous system copy method in which you can create an export of your existing system and the from you can install the new system, if in your existing system only ABAP instance has been installed then you can go with Databse restore method also but Java is also installed so better option is System copy for dual stack.

>

Regards,

Subhash