cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the gloabl transport directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Our landscape shares a common transport directory . We want to move the "usr/sap/trans" ONLY (not /usr/sap) from C drive to the D drive. We want to make sure that we can accomplish this change without any side affects or problems with transports/CTS system once the change is made.

The SAP installation is on windows using an MSSQL server with ECC 5.0

In my understanding, the below will need to be done. After locking all users so that no one can release transports. these are the changes that we forsee will need to be actioned:

1) On the GLOBAL transport host, the windows share name in Computer management -> shared folders -> shares is "trans" which points currently to C:\usr\sap\trans. Change the share "trans" to point to D:\usr\sap\trans. We do not change the share "sapmnt" which will still point to c:\usr\sap.

2) Copy the C:\usr\sap\trans folder from C drive to D drive under directoy path D:\usr\trans. Note only trans folder wil be copied. The folder C:\USR\SAP will still stay on C drive.

3) Change DIR_TRANS in profile parameter from (current)
<hostname> \sapmnt\trans to
<hostname>\trans. So this will need to be done on all system sharing the same transport directory.

4) Change TRANSDIR from
<hostname>\sapmnt\trans to
<hostname>\trans in the TPPARAM profile via STMS on the domain controller and TMS config will need to be re-distributed to entire landscape.

5) Restart SAP on all the systems for the profile parameter to take effect.

Am I correct in the above assessment? Have I missed anything ?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it seems to be okay but why the usr/trans will be copied from C: to 😧 why /usr/sap/trans not?

Regards

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

We do not want to copy c:\usr\sap to D:\usr\sap because that has the sap exe. This is on windows so I suspect we cannot move around executables like this since it is installed in the registry and will be registered via C:. We want to just move the transport directory and all its sub folders (bin, cofiles, data, etc) so if we make a dummy directory path D:\usr\sap on 😧 and just cut/paste the trans directory under the directory structure D:\usr\sap, I thought we would be ok. Let me know.

Also Is there any environmental variable which I need to be aware of specific to transport directory ?

Thanks,

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Subhash,

>

> We do not want to copy c:\usr\sap to D:\usr\sap because that has the sap exe. This is on windows so I suspect we cannot move around executables like this since it is installed in the registry and will be registered via C:. We want to just move the transport directory and all its sub folders (bin, cofiles, data, etc) so if we make a dummy directory path D:\usr\sap on 😧 and just cut/paste the trans directory under the directory structure D:\usr\sap, I thought we would be ok. Let me know.

You are right. I was also talking about yhe moving of /usr/sap/trans/* only.

>

> Also Is there any environmental variable which I need to be aware of specific to transport directory ?

No. but as you will change the directory so you have to change the path in transport profile and have to distribute and activate connection once again.

>

Regards,

Subhash