cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about, How much SRM rely on BW for the vendor evaluation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My customer wants to implement SRM, but they may not implement BW.

My question is without BW, Can we use Supplier Evaluation function?

Including 1. Define Evaluation Process

2. Capture Evaluation Data

3. Analyze Vendor Performance

And for Supplier Evaluation of SRM, how much it rely on BW?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jock

Supplier evaluation evaluation can be triggred in three different SRM processes:

1) GR creation

2) INV creation

3) Vendor List maintenance

For this i believe the BI content available in SRM should be sufficent

However if you wish to trigger evaluation from BW reports, then yes you need one.

Supplier evaluation is a very subjective dicsussion and very much drive by the Business and what level of evaluation are required.

Supplier evaluation surveys are using the basis Survey. The results are stored in XML file in SRM. BW is able to extract it to use the data in its evaluation reports (with additional customizing for aggregation & weighting of questions).

It is possible to initiate some surveys from vendor data and send them to a buyer. The result can be interpreted in a normal way via BW.

How this can be achieved?

Evaluation in SRM EBP-- Set up the survey and questioner to be filled out either online (pop-up from within ebp) or offline via email. Note this can be done whither you do receipt and invoice verification in srm or ecc.

Evaluation in BW--Set up the survey and questioner in BW for offline evaluation via email

Automatic Evaluation in R3. The evaluation is automatic based on system settings rather then by an end user filling out a survey.

All of the consolidation of responses and grouping/weighting factors are done in SAP BI.

Thanks

Zameer Sayed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Straight answer is "Completely", SRM has no standard built in reports and completely rely on BI for analyticals.

Thanks,

CS