Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to delete existing roles from AE request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am having problem deleting existing roles from Access Enforcer request.

On one request it allows to delete roles and another request all roles under existing role grayed out not able to delete. Please advice.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hyd,

This is a very simple problem. You can only delete existing roles if they exist in AE. The roles which are grayed out, do not exist in AE so you need to import them into AE. Once you have these roles in AE, you can delete them without any problem.

If you want to check this out, take one of the grayed out roles and go to configuration -> roles -> search roles. Paste the role name and search for it. The search will come back with no results as the role does not exist in AE.

Regards,

Alpesh

0 Kudos

Alpesh,

Thanks for the quick response however the roles exists in AE. I have already imported the role and checked going search role.

Problem is on one request I am able to delete the existing role on the other request same role is grayed out.

0 Kudos

Hyd,

Is the request type and stage same? It surely has to do something with the configuration.

Regards,

Alpesh

0 Kudos

Hi

Check the stage level settings of this stage . There would be a setting for add/remove role , check that .

0 Kudos

Jasmine, Both stages configurations are exactly same. Field change request contant is select YES. Could please check and tell me why on one stage it is giving option to delete roles and on other its grayed out.

0 Kudos

Hello Hyd,

What application do you use? AE52 or CUP53?

Are you the owner of the grayed-out roles? In my experience it is the case if not.

It can also have something to do with the settings Approval and/or Rejection Level if set to role, AFAIK.

Regards, Feri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may have already done this but here is where I would start trouble shooting at....

First of all, I am guessing you are using AE 5.1 or 5.2 because you are referring to it as AE.

1. Where is the request in your Work Flow? Is it at a role approver stage? If so, it does not appear that you are the "owner" of the role the only way for you to be able to reject it would be to get the "incorrect" owner to reject the request or make you his delegate to reject the role? (Note: check your role approver file to verify who AE thinks the role owner is)

2. Are you able to go in as the AE "Administrator" and "reject" the role? Keep in mind that you will be rejecting/approving all other unapproved roles and mostly you are going to what to document why you are administratively approving/rejecting the request.

3. Do you have AE setup to autoprovision or has it already been provisioned in some other way? Check the audit trail on the request to find out what has happened with it.