cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing a standard transaction type with a customer adjusted one

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to get my newly developed transaction type to work. I copied it from SDCR and called it ZDCR. Make changes to it with several profiles.

But how do you test this in DSWP? It keeps going back to SDCR. I saw the message that this is achieved through "copy controls in customizing section "make settings for change transaction types".

SDCR -> Copy Control Rules -> Target Procedure Type for "U.rgent Correction" = ZDHF. But this is not straightforwarded and doesn't work for me. How can I even check that it takes the new ZDCR instead of SDCR. Is there a table to look at?

Thanks

Paul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

one section you should have a look at is tx: DNO_CUST04. If you use ZDCR instead of SDCR double click CHANGE_REQUEST and change the field value to ZDCR.

Another section is what you already mentioned. If you want to create ZDCR from Support Message using the subject value you need to adjust copy controls for the source transaction type (the one you want to create a ZDCR from).

You may check which transaction got used via tx: CRM_DNO_MONITOR. Change the layout and add "Transaction Type" to the list of columns to be displayed.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for directing to me these potential solutions. Definitively appreciated. However something is still missing as DSWP still uses SDCR as its prime tranactions to create change request.

I am now using CRMD_Order transaction to test my customized transaction type, but I am still struggling at to why it doesn't start in DSWP.

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think you are able to achieve this without modification.

If you use DSWP to create a Change Request you are calling a BAPI. The transaction type SDCR is hard coded in the source code.

Use SE38 to display source code of SAPLCHANGE_REQUEST_SOCM. Do a search for SDCR and you will see where the transaction type used for creating the change request is set.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked it, and you are right. Thanks. Since when is SAP following the practice to hard code a value in the source code is unknown to me, but this is not industry standard!

Answers (0)