cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to restart a message from beginning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in our test-xi we have 10.000 failed message because of a mapping error. The problem is, that the receiver determination was wrong so the wrong interface mapping was startet.

If I restart the failed messages, only the step "message mapping" is running (because this step failed) - But I need to restart the message from beginning because the step "receiver determination" should run again.

We need the thousands of messages for testing.

How can I restart the message from beginning of the pipline?

Is there a (dirty) possibility?

Thanx and regards

Wolfgang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hummell,

whenever there is an error in moni and the message is not restartable we just cancel the message and ask the source system to reprcess the message ( take out the file from the archive and put it back to source dir)

i suggest you do the same....go to the source message in the moni for each message download the input message and give it to the source system ....do this for all thee messages and then cancel all the 10000 messages ... i guess this is the standard way to go

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

You can do in the below mentioned ways.

1. You can copy the pay load and test the message in the RWB>Component Monitoring>Test MEssage and Paste your payload and resend.

2. Go to the SMQ1 and SMq2 and resend all those quesues one by one and not all at a time.

3. Go to SXMB_MONI select ur messages and and try to send again.

*4. The most important thing is you can also manage such messages in the detailed manner either in Async mode or Syn mode and also you can cancel or Resend all those message in the below linnk which shows MESSAGE DISPLAY TOOL.

[http://Host:Port/MessagingSystem/monitor/systemStatus.jsp]*

Note:: Kindly make a note that do not send all the bulk of messages at time so that it may strucks in the queues and also if any respective message is strucked intially before sending first clear that message and then go for a new trial ok

Regards::

Amar Srinivas Eli

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wolfgang,

I created a report once to change the status of a succesfully processed message [Change Inbound Proxy status|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Snippets/ChangeInboundProxy+status], I think that playing a little with entries of table SXMSPVERS and SXMSPMAST you should be able to change the status in to be processed and be able to restart the message from the beginning.

It's dirty (definitely not for prod), but as you are in QAS you might want to give it a try.

Regards,

Sergio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes as mentioned dirty possibility is there

Copy the payload and go to RWB Test tab and rerun the scenario i dont think other way you can do

but its really painful to resubmit 10,000 messages.

Gud luck

Rajesh