cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro application using BI queries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Webdynpro gurus!!

I am quite new to Webdynpro and am actually trying to develop a new webdynpro application that calls in some existing BI queries and displays the chart/table as per the query.

Could anybody please help me in achieving this?

Any step by step guide will be very helpful.

Thanks.

~~LB!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Take help from this [thread|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e49be590-0201-0010-0c83-fc20e5da124f]

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus!!

Could anybody please help me with this? I am looking to integrate BI reports with Webdynpro application. Any inputs on this will highly be appreciated.

Thanks much,

~~~LB

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leena,

If you want to use use BEx queries in the portal, you can directly create iviews and integrate in the portal.

Portal -> Content Administration -> Navigate to your folder ->right click and select New->iView -> iView templates -> select BEx iView -> give proper details of BI system and query details.

If you want to use only WD application and and everything is set in BI system

Create in IFrame in WD application and set the source property to the URL of the BI query.

regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Siva for your immediate response. I actually want to use only a WD application. Could you please let me know, if using the iFrame for integrating the BI query is the most straightforward process?

Is there any other way to integrate BI queries/reports into Webdynpro application?

thanks much for your help in advance!!

~~LB

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leena,

If everything is set in BI and you just want to display the graphs/charts in WD app, you can use IFrame element. I have done this in one case. Here you can pass very simple parameters in the URL to BI.

You don't need much knowledge in WD, itis pretty simple.

If you want to display simple reports you have another option RFC where you can pass complex parameters to BI. Design the UI as you want and bind with the RFC model.But you need little bit experience in WD.

regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Siva for clearly explaining me about the different ways of integrating BI reports into the WD app.

My client is saying that we need to use the RFC model and pull up the report into the WD app. I think, I will start working in that route now. Could you please let me know, where can I search for this RFC model to do the integration process?

Thanks much for your help!!!

~~~LB

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leena,

Here are some helpful tutorials in SDN

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/nw-wdjava?rid=/webcontent/uuid/403e6bf5-426e-2910-b0a8-a95548724af9#... [original link is broken]

regards,

Siva