SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attendance tracking for students?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are working on SLCM EHP3.

My question is how to track attendance of students who are attending the business events.

In our case 80% attendance is required to attend the semester exams. So we need to record the attendance.

Plz tell me how we do it?

Regards,

Ravi

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Attendance Tracking functionality was made available in EHP4 using which you can maintain attendance as well as absence for students .So in EHP3 you do not have any such functionality to track the attendance.

Regards,

Deepa

0 Kudos

Thanks Deepa

That I know about user interface in EHP4, thats why i mentioned EHP3 in my query.

Is there no functionality of attendance in EHP3. While creating the business type we mark as 'Attendance compul'. Then what is the relevance of this indicator?

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Ravi,

Though the attendance relevance indicator was already available, but it is made use for attendance tracking purpose only in EHP4.

Regards,

Deepa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnx Deepa

0 Kudos

Deepak, can you provide me links or documentation or give a short explanation about the functionality for tracking attendance in ehp 4?

Best regards

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hereby the weblink to the HER BPX page with the Attendance Tracking cookbook:

- [original link is broken]

- Direct link --> http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/bpx/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/403675b8-01e3-2b10-e282-ed43f1ad5...

br,

Rob

0 Kudos

Hi

I am Working on the attendance for student in the portal

Iam using EHP4

For the Advisor , by attendance tarcaking , every thingf is working fine, as the alst screen attendance overview of a student can be seen from advisor role.

But My problem is when i use this functonality for a Student who want to see his attendance overview.(this overview screen is the same screen when the advisor selects the event and click on maintain attendance for a student).

I would sucessfully launch the screen .but there is no data in that screen even the Student name , its just a normal screen which is empty .no data is displayed.

may i know what is the problem for this issue.

can u pls let me know

Bye

Sandeep

former_member383560
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

here the few info' about Attendance

In order to record % attendance for students in your centre you need to run the Update Attendance report before teachers begin assessing students.

If you didnu2019t manage to run the report in time, then you need to manually add the attendance scale to those students that have already been assessed.

(You can tell which scale you have by looking at the assessment screen. If you have % against attendance then great, if you only have your regular grading system (e.g. A, B, C or 1,2,3) you need to add the scale manually).

1. In the Module field, click on the search icon .

2. In the search box type your centre module code with an . E.g. AUH or WAW*. Press Enter.

3. Double click on the required Module. Press Enter on the keyboard.

4. In the Event Package field, click on the list icon to select the required class.

5. In the Booking Status field click on the list icon and select u2018Bookedu2019 to show all students booked the course. Press Enter.

6. In the Appraisal field to the right, click on the arrow next to Overall Grade.

7. A number of criteria for student assessment will show, double click on Attendance.

8. Scroll to the bottom of the screen. In the Scale description field, type BCAT and press enter.

9. You will see the scale change from your centre specific one, to the global BC Attendance Scale. You will now be able to enter attendance as a percentage. Do this for each student.

10. Remember to Save once you have completed assessing the class.

Hope its useful

Regards

baalakrushnan.da