Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict a t.code VK11 using Site as authorization object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We want to restrict VK11 t.code using Site as one of the authorizations. By default it has only Sales Org, Distr channel and division. I've added one more field for "Site" manually.

We have defined specific values for Site in authorization objects. Still system does not restrict VK11 executed by user as per site. It works with Sales org/Distr ch/Division. But it does not restrict Site-wise for that role.

Please help.

Regards,

Ankush

11 REPLIES 11

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I've added one more field for "Site" manually.

Where did you add this? In the source code?

0 Kudos

We have created a new authorization object in SU21 for Site field. And then, it was assigned to new Role manually.

0 Kudos

> We have created a new authorization object in SU21 for Site field. And then, it was assigned to new Role manually.

And you did not modify the program code?

Have a look at this very siomilar thread:

Edited by: Jurjen Heeck on Mar 13, 2009 1:03 PM

0 Kudos

No, we have not done that. Please tell in detail, what all activities/steps to be done by Basis, ABAP for this to work.

Regards,

Ankush

0 Kudos

> Please tell in detail, what all activities/steps to be done by Basis, ABAP for this to work.

Actually, for an abaper this should be basic knowledge. It is taught in the BC400, the abap workbench foundation.

0 Kudos

I have heard that if you add an object to SU21 and also add it to a role as well, but nothing else, then it can be trained to sit on it's hind legs and stretch a paw out to shake hands with you when you run the program which you were thinking about at the time of adding the object...

The end of another long week is in sight...

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Ankush,

There is a function Authority-Check. Yo just need to tell your ABAP person to call that function in a user exit and he should be able to do the rest. You will need to rpovide him with relevant details of the object you created.

Best Wishes,

CP

0 Kudos

> I have heard that if you add an object to SU21 and also add it to a role as well, but nothing else, then it can be trained to sit on it's hind legs and stretch a paw out to shake hands with you when you run the program which you were thinking about at the time of adding the object...

Can you please provide step by step instructions for that? I've never got past 'play dead' with such objects

0 Kudos

You can ask your ABAP consultant to include the Custom Object that you have created at one of the user exists in the standard program for the t-code VK11.

Also the settings in the t-code SU24 needs to be changed so that the custom object will be checked while running the t-code VK11.

Regards,

0 Kudos

> Also the settings in the t-code SU24 needs to be changed so that the custom object will be checked while running the t-code VK11.

Nope, they don't. The program code is leading for authority-checks. Modifying SU24 isonly needed if you want to skip checks.

0 Kudos

> I've never got past 'play dead' with such objects

Yip, I know that feeling. It is like when you leave home for a long trip having packed everything you need, but you still have the feeling that you have forgotten something important behind and will kick yourself when you need it.

> Can you please provide step by step instructions for that?

There is no step-by-step procedure nor medication to take for it. You just have to wait for it to dawn on you...

Enjoy the weekend and happy coding authority-checks,

Julius

ps: I heard that this feeling is also caused by the rising popularity of ABAP OO programming techniques, where the checks are often natively imbedded.