cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show a logo in my web dynpro application ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I am having a logo with me.

How to bring that logo into my application. I believe we need to keep the logo some where in the server.

Can any one help me ?

Note:

I took some information in this forum.... I need little more with detail step.

I took the below information :

I assume the images are already present in the SAP server. First create a context with a string attribute that will hold the name of the image to be loaded . Then use the action event of the drop down list/radio button to load the name of the image in that context.

In the UI properties of the image UI element, click on the button at the source property and bind it to the above context that will hold the name of the image. Should work fine !.

Another point to be noted is that all the images must be stored in your component folder.

the path would be in SAP->BC->Webdynpro->(COmponent folder name ) ->images in that folder.

(given by venkatramanan)

Thanks in advance

Pons

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ponnuchamy,

If your requirement is to upload images from the Presentation Server interactively and to display them , then we need to take a different approach.

Otherwise, As said by the other people here in this forum , you can drag and drop images across MIME folders. In all these steps , one way or the other the images get loaded in the component folder name, though the process maybe direct or indirect.

The main thing is that for every web dynpro component, a folder with the component name is created in the mime repository. Now this is the folder that will be used to store images related to your application. Accessing these images is easy and can be done by just passing the name of the image alone. You can directly bind the name of the image to a context element and use it in your image UI element.

Otherwise i suppose( not sure though ! )you have to make use of the MIME repository API ( CL_MIME_REPOSITORY_API) to upload those images present in different folders other than the component folder. Hope this helps !

Edited by: Venkatramanan Gowrishankar on Mar 15, 2009 9:20 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks allllllllllll.

Sucessfully done with your help.

Thanks

Pons

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Just go to your component name.

-> Right click on it and Create.

-> Select Mime Object and Import.

-> This way you will be able to import any file into the Mime Repository.

-> Now place an Image UI Element into your View at any position you want.

-> In the Source Property of Image UI select the Image which ever you have uploaded in the Mime.

Thanx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create directory with your project name in sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/ for ex.ztest and copy your image to the directory, and assign image from source property of the image element, select Component Images. else import directly by rigth click on component and create->MIME Object->import.

Regards,

Shankar Gomare

arjun_thakur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ponnuchamy

Please refer this thread: https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=23490763&messageID=7166208

I hope it helps.

Regards

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arjun Thakur.

I have already gone through this thread.

How to upload into MIME repositiory ?

and also what is the difference between this with SAP->BC->Webdynpro->component folder->images ?

I am not clear cut about these?

Which one is right choice ?

Thanks in advance

Pons

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

right click your web dynpro component choose CREATE->Mime Object->Import

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pons,

I tell you the easy way. If you have logo on the client machine , you can save it at .jpeg or BMP format. Next drag the Business Graphic UI element onto the View and place it where you wish logo to appear, save.

At this time if you expand the WD Component in the left hand tree structure you will start seeing a MIME folder, just below view, windows !! . Make a right mouse click & chose import Mime objects select the .jpeg file that you have and save.

Delete the Business Graphic UI and place the Image UI element at its place. Save. In properties of the image UI, goto source if you click here at small f-4 kind a POP-UP window will appear. Select the image or Directly type the name of the image uploaded.

Greetings

Prashant