Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LDAP user not visible in UME

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Please help us in recovering a LDAP user which is not visible in the UME. Thus, this user is not allowed to login into the GRC Application as the user data source is UME and UME is referring the LDAP for authentication.

Error says the following:

Fri Mar 13 15:08:42 IST 2009 ERROR Principal "UACC.CORP_LDAP.40167352" is not accessible. (com.sap.security.core.tools.imp.ConsistencyCheckPluginAccessibility)

Fri Mar 13 15:08:42 IST 2009 ERROR Checking "UACC.CORP_LDAP.40167352" aborted by plugin com.sap.security.core.tools.imp.ConsistencyCheckPluginAccessibility because of severe inconsistencies.

Thanks in advance

Abhijeet

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

This seems to be the problem with LDAP connecticity .

Check the connectivity using "Test Connection" option in UME. or You can also check if you are able to telnet the LDAP server.

Regards,

Shailesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are other users able to be seen? Is it just one user that isn't showing up?

0 Kudos

Hi

This is the issue with few users only...

Regards

Abhijeet

0 Kudos

There has been a reported issue regarding LDAP search for a few users by some of our customers. The issue is planned to be fixed in SP07.

Now, I am not sure if your specific issue would fall into that mix. So I suggest opening a CSS message and receive the confirmation from SAP Support.

Ankur

SAP GRC RIG

0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Please let us know when SAP has scheduled to release SP07.

Thanks,

Mukesh

GRC

0 Kudos

Mukesh-

The scheduled release date is March 20, 2009.

Ankur

SAP GRC RIG

0 Kudos

Dear all

Thanks for your replies...the issue is sorted out automatically...i really don't have any idea HOW?

In my opinion, this was some LDAP related issue....but how did it resolve....no idea

Looking forward for some possible reasons/comments from the experts....

Thanks

Abhijeet

0 Kudos

Dear Abhijeet,

I can see the errors you have recieved

com.sap.security.core.tools.imp.ConsistencyCheckPluginAccessibility

com.sap.security.core.tools.imp.ConsistencyCheckPluginAccessibility

It is kind of an LDAP connectivity issue with the UME. as the module which has thrown this exception is a security policy/component ConsistencyChecker under UME Administration Component.

I did check the same on our NW Server and found these policies are loaded as xml in temp folder. What i feel as when your server cache got refreshed the policies got reloaded properly and hence LDAP and UME were able to communicate properly.

might be just another cache issue.

keep me posted on your findings even.

--

Cheers!

Aman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhijit and Ankur,

This issue has nothing to do with Access Control. This would fall under UME component of SAP Netweaver. If your data source for UME is LDAP and if you can not see particular LDAP user in UME then the issue has to be with the connectivity of LDAP and UME.

Regards,

Alpesh