Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachments with KPRO / Content Server

cdumont69
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to store Shopping Cart's attachment in KPro using Archive Link on SRM 5.0 and ECC 6.0.

Here find what I did:

1. I created my Content Repository ZA (CSADMIN & OAC0) - All is green

2. I created a new Global Document ZBBPATT in TCODE OAC2.

3. I created the link between my document, the object type and the content repository as follow: ZBUS2121 | ZBBPATT | X | ZA | TOA03

But when I created a SC my attachment is store somewhere but not in CS.

What's wrong ? Did I miss something? - it seams yes

Next step is to transfer the SC in ECC.

Thanks

Regards

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts ,

my requirement is also kind of same.

i have done content server and have created the repository.

Now i have an inbound idoc with some attachment attached to it.

I want to save this attachment in the content server.

Can anyone help me in this.

Regards,

Akriti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same requirement, but it gives me a warning that the repository has DMS document area. I can change both settings it appears, but i saw others say they can not access the internal database stored old documents that were stored prior to switching it. Is this true and if so, can we migrate those out successfully another way?

Thanks......Bran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check this out

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/7a/973035624811d1949000a0c92f024a/frameset.htm

also

Configuring Attachment Transfer

Prerequisites

If you wish to store shopping cart attachments in the backend system, you must first activate the data transfer by creating an active method in the BAdIs BBP_CREATE_BE_PO_NEW (for purchase orders) or BBP_CREATE_BE_RQ_NEW (for purchase requisitions).

For more information, see the Implementation Guide (IMG) for Supplier Relationship Management: SRM Server ®Business Add-Ins (BAdIs) ® Follow-On Document Generation in the Backend-System ® Purchase Order in Backend System.

Or choose SRM Server ® Business Add-Ins (BAdIs) ® Follow-On Document Generation in the Backend-System ® Purchase Requisition in Backend-System.

Procedure

You have to configure the R/3 Document Management System (DMS) in transaction DC10:

1. Create document type SRM. Note that no flag is set in any of the columns.

2. Double-click in the detail view to define the new Doc. type desc. = SRM Documents. Set the Use KPro indicator.

¡ Enter 1 in the Number assignment field.

¡ Enter an internal number range interval. You can use an existing interval or create a new one in transaction CV90. The internal number range must be used, because the GUID of the SRM attachments has more digits than the number in the backend system.

¡ Maintain the number exit. The number exit is a program exit for document numbers. It controls number assignment and version numbering for documents. The default setting is MCDOKZNR. If you want to control the number assignment or the version increment via a USER_EXIT, then you have to replace the program MCDOKZNRwith a company-specific program. You can find further information in the field help for number exit.

¡ In the screen area Field selection, enter u2013 in the Document Status field.

3. Go to the dialog structure and double-click the entry Define object links. Define the new object links EKPO and EBAN. Maintain object link descriptions for EKPO (Purchase order item; Scr.no. 248) and EBAN (Purchase req. item; Scr. no. 247)

4. Define the workstation application in transaction DC30.

All required file types should be included in this list.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus / Christophe DUMONT,

we also are facing the same requirement for storing our SRM documents in DMS content server,

could you achive this, is this connection made through HTTP interface, or through a RFC Interface.

will the documents transfered to SAP Content server be retrived from the Content server error freely at all the times,

please let me know if it works, also can we avail all the funtionalities of DMS in SRM as our SRM consultant tried the DMS transactions in SRM but it did not work in SRM.

Thanks and Regards

Priya S

cdumont69
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Finally I find the solution but forgot to update th thread.

It's working from the beginning but I can't see anything in KPRO transaction.

To test it, I store a document then stop the CS and try to get it back. This doesn't work.

So I restart CS and retry to get my document. Now it works.

Priya, could you test it?

Thanks

Regards

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christope,

We are having a requirement where only the external file attachments of SRM / CRM to be stored and retrived in SAP DMS content server.

we are not transferring shopping Cart to ECC for converting in to PRs or POs. as the Shopping Cart and Purchase requisition and also the Purchase Order is created in SRM System itself.

the basic purpose is not to load the SRM / CRM server with external files by maintaining it in a different server.

Thanks and regards

Priya S

cdumont69
Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you have a look here?

SUMANTH2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe DUMONT,

The Custom Document Type and Object you created are in SRM or ECC? If these are created in SRM from where this has been integrated for the Shopping Cart Attachments.

We are trying to integrate the External Content Server by usingn the HTTP Content Server in OAC0 and then looking to Integrate to Shopping Cart for storing the Attachments in to the External Content Server.

but in OAC3 we could not fing the Shopping Cart Object to link to the CR.

We don't need to transfer the Attachment to ECC. All the Documetns Uploaded in to the SRM Shopping Cart should go and store in to the External Repository and not BBPCONT Table.

Appreciate your help.

Hi Priya,

Did you get any solution for storing the Attachments in to DMS from SRM and not going through ECC?

Thanks

Sumanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Gurus,

Clarifiying my requirement again,

our requirement is simple, let me put it more clearly,

We are planning to use an External Content server for storing and retriving external documents in SRM,

(here in to the DMS Content server ie..server meant for Storing SAP DMS Documents, )

we may not be using DMS funtionality as i think DMS funtionality is only for SAP R/3,

so my question is, like-wise we are making use of Content server so as not to load the SAP Data base,

can we make use of the Same Content server for SRM also, so as not to load the SRM Data base.

if so how to configure this,

i think the confuguration has to be done in SRM system, just like we do it for SAP R/3 in OAC0 Transaction,

i think we can make use of an external storing device or content server to store the SRM external files or documents.

any one who have done this please share your details and how it could be configured.

Thanks and regards,

Priya S

cdumont69
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sumanth Thunga & Priya S,

To complete this integration I think you just need to Create your new External Repository 'ZA' in OAC0.

Then go in OACT and open BBPFILESYS. In Content Rep put 'ZA' our External Repository.

That's all.

Regards

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same requirement, but i saw that some people were saying when they change this then the old internal attahcments were no longer retrievable - is there a migration or work around for this situation?

Thanks......Bran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you share with me how you solve this problem..

did your requirement was done?

regards

Chandra

0 Kudos

Hi Bryan,

We had a similar situation where we had to switch the storage of attachments from SAP SRM server to Archive doc server.

After making the switch we had to migrate the attachments from the old Shopping carts to the new Content server.

to achieve this we executed a report RSIRPIRL via SA38. Here you would enter the Target and Source category, Document area

and PHIO class.

I know the response might be old and too late for you but still would like to log the info for the benefit of others in the future.

regards

VF