cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LiveCache - LC10 Not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I Have installed SCM 4.1 on Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition ( 32 Bit). Installtion went on well without any errors..

I am facing problem while initializing Livecache through LC10 transaction

Name and Server :- LCA -VTAMADA

DBMRFC Function :- DBM_EXECUTE

Coomand :- dbm_version

Error :- DBM Error

Return code 4

error message :- database host not found

i have given SCM as sys id while installtion. Livecache taken as LCA automatically. i have maintained the correct CONTROL ,SAPLCA passwords correctly

when i checked the intergartion connection in DB59, I am getting error too.

SAPDB_DBM (DBM RFC Coomand mode)

SAPDB_DBM_DAEMON( DBMRFC Session mode)

these two rfc are working fine too..

please throw some light on this issue

Thanks and Regards

Ram

Edited by: RAMJEEVAN on Mar 13, 2009 11:51 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ram,

-> As SAP customer you have the option to create the OSS ticket on this issue, we could login to the system to review the problem & discuss the issue in more details.

->"I Have installed SCM 4.1 on Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition ( 32 Bit)."

Did you try to install the liveCache server on Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition ( 32 Bit)?

What is the OS of the server VTAMADA?

-> SAP only supports the Windows 32-bit platform for the liveCache server up to and including SCM 4.0.

Please review the SAP note::

622709 Using the liveCache on 32-bit operating systems

The liveCache client software is supported so that you can use a 32 bit application server with a liveCache server.

Check the available released platforms available in the Product Availability Matrix (http://service.sap.com/pam) before run the installation of the liveCache server.

Thank you and best regards, Natalia Khlopina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natalia,

Thanks for the Quick response.

Is there anyway to install SCM 4.1 on Windows 2003 Server ( 32 Bit). i have searched for the software component SCM 4.0 in SWDC. but i did n't get the same there... can we get the SCM 4.0 Version from SAP directly??, if yes what is the procedure for the same.

Thanks in Adavnce.

Ram

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ram,

-> Please read the recommended SAP note 622709.

-> SAP only supports the Windows 32-bit platform for the liveCache server up to and including SCM 4.0.

-> The liveCache server software is NOT supported by SAP on Windows 32-bit platform.

-> The SCM 4.0 is out of maintenance. Why you are planning to install it?

Please check the PAM & find the server with the supported OS platform to install the liveCache instance supported for SCM 4.1.

Why you are not planning to install SCM 5.1 or SCM 5.0?

-> And to find the liveCache/LCA software for SCM 4.0 please go to "Archive for Support Packages and Patches" at SWDC SAP Market place, then "Entry by Application Group" -> SAP Application Components

-> SAP SCM -> SAP SCM 4.0 -> SAP SCM LC/LCAPPS 4.0 -> Windows Server on IA32 32bit

Thank you & best regards, Natalia Khlopina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check SAP note 415376 & 492966.

Regards,

Sachin Rane.