Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWM Physical Inventiry

former_member186262
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am having an issue in setting up Physical Inventory in EWM in our system. I have done all (I think) of the config settings including

1. Creation of a PI Area

2. Assigning Activity areas to the PI areas

3. Creating number ranges for the PI docs

4. PI setting to the warehouse

When I try and create the PI doc it gives me an error - "Physical inventory area for location of item 1 does not exist". I checked the bin for which I intend to do PI but in that bin in the Activity area tab I done see the activity area even though the storage type is assigned to the AA. This may be the problem - but I donu2019t know how to solve it.

Could you please help me with this problem .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any solution to this found, I am getting the same error even after all the config are done as per the above message and having done the bin sorting multiple times, unable to post the differences

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Were you able to find a solution to the issue? i am facing the same problem..

R

A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you assigned physical AA to the bin?

/Steen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes.. the Activity Area for PI is assinged to the storage types/bins and the bin sorting for the activity for Inventory has also been done.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if you have assigned phsyical inventory area to activity area.Below is the path for the same:

SPRO - > EWM - >PHYSICAL INVENTORY - >WHSE NO. SPECIFIC SETTING - >ASSIGN PHYSICAL INVENTORY AREA TO AA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharad

Thanks for the response. I have already done this config. Here are the list of configs/master data setup already done:

1) Define Physical Inventory Area

2) Define Activity Area for Physical Inventory

3) Assign storage types/bins to Physical Inventoy area

4) Assign Physical Inventory Area to Physical Inventory Area

5) Number Range Definition

6) Specify Physical-Inventory-Specific Settings in the Warehouse

7) Define Tolerance Group for Difference Analyzer

😎 Define Tolerance Group for Posting Differences

9) Define Tolerance Group for Recounting

10) Define Priorities

11) Define Reason for Physical Inventory

12) Define Reason for Differences

13) Assign User to Tolerance groups for difference analyser and recount.

The PI doc is created and i can enter the count. However when i try and post the document it gives me an error "Location for valuation qty differences in warehouse number CV01 not created"

I assume its something to do with the storage type/bin etc in EWM where the differences are posted to before they are cleared to SAP ERP.

former_member209095
Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.