Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UOM in planning book

javier_santiago
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

i would like to know if there is any way of knowing in which UOM is working a user at a exact moment. We have a macro in which we need the UOM selected by the user for modifying a key figure value.

Is it possible to know it?

Regards.

PS : We have SCM 5.0 and we are working with APO DP.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Javier,

Can you just run the macro first irrespective of the Unit of measure being used and then once you get the resultant data populated in all the KFs, in the base unit of measurement,

Right click on the plae just above the first Key figure name, or just below the Design icon and -->

Select 'Unit of Measure' -> then Select 'Set'-> then from the menu select the Unit of measure of your choice, in this case 'CF'.

But if the Unit of measure you want (CF) is not an SI standard unit like LB, KG, Feet, then you have to maintain the Alternate Unit of measure you want in the Product Master (/n/sapapo/mat1)--> under the tab 'Unit of Measure'. Try this for one Product and cehck the results. Also note that the values will be stored in Base Unit of Measure 'Defined for that Planning area' always, but in interactive Planning, the user can view the data in alternate unit of measure.

Hari V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hari,

I believe that Javier knows how to set a UOM..what he wants to know is how can he get this information when he runs a macro...

javier_santiago
Explorer
0 Kudos

That´s the point Hari,

thank you very much for your help.

REgards.

Javier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Javier.

It is not the final answer I know, but you can determine the conversion factor between the UOM being used by the User versus the UOM for the planning area with the macro function: DISPLAY_CONV_FACTOR()

This will not 'tell you' what the UOM being used is, but also I'm not sure what your final objective is, so may be of help.

M

javier_santiago
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you very much for your response.

Final objective is to know in which UOM is working the user cos we want to write a 0 value with a macro if value is 1. this one will be inserted by another macro for UOM CF, so if the user changes the UOM while working with the interactive planning book we have to know exactly which UOM is selecte to covert the value to CF and if "1" then write a "0".

Hope this clarifies the doubt.

Regards.

Thank you very much.

Javier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Javier.

Assuming that the planning area UOM is CF

Would the following logic meet your needs?

IF

DISPLAY_CONV_FACTOR() = 1 (i.e., UOM is CF or a 1:1 equivalent)

'...'

ELSE (i.e., UOM is not CF)

'...'

ENDIF

M

javier_santiago
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

this would ok if we can assume that UOM if CF, but the question is how do I know if UOM active is "CF"?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Javier.

The short answer is that technically you don't.

But it will tell you one of two things:

Either:

1. That it is definately not CF (the ELSE result)

2. That it is CF or a 1:1 equivalent (The If = True result)

I was asking whether this was a step in the right direction, as I am still not very clear what you are trying to acheive.

M

javier_santiago
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can do this by writing a Z function module and call it in the macro.

In the Z Function module you can call FM /SAPAPO/MSDP_SDP_UOM_PAREA_GET

to get the UOM for the PLanning area.

Pass the planning area and OBNM as * and you will get the UOM of the planning area

javier_santiago
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Anuradha Vaidya,

thank you for your anwser , but that`s not exactly what we need, this FM will return the UOM of the planning area , but I need the UOM of the planning area used by the user at a certain time, I try to explain, A user enter in a planing area with UOM "L" , start to work and change the UOM to "CF", afterwards I want to run a macro to validate the UOM in which the user is wanted and I´m waiting a result of "CF" not "L".

Thank you very much.

Regards.