cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with the Switch-Operator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

my VC-Model has two signal-ins: "update" and "create", each of these stores "_create" in the datastore with either true or false.

Then I have a form triggering a submit-event. submit triggers Service A or B depending (guard-condition) on the _create-flag in the datastore.

After having executed either Service A or(!) B, I want to merge the dataflows to proceed.

I tried doing this with the Switch-Operator but it wont work. I just found an explanation:

"The switch operator has two inputs. Only when both inputs receive data, the switch delivers data (the latter one in this case). If one input port is not supplied with data, the switch does not deliver a single table line."

The problem is "only when BOTH inputs receive data". This never happens in my case.

So whats the proper way to merge multiple dataflows of which only one gets executed?

Help very appreciated.

Thanks,

Kai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I finally found a explanation:

If this is still true, the Switch-Operator is seriously flawed!

Not allowing guarded conditions is insane in complex VC-models...

Thanks,

Kai

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Have a look on this [thread|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/20e8a9b0-d1b3-2b10-6188-a344f3843f69]

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are installing EHP1 on another system, so the model-import mentioned in your attached pdf didnt work.

Did the Switch-Operator's behaviour change in EHP1?

And how to use the Switch-Operator after all, if all possible input-flows must be active, to trigger the operator?! In my opinion, this is a serious flaw and I have no idea how to use the Operator in a proper way.

Do you have any further information regarding 7.1 without EHP1?

Thanks,

Kai