cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read file system from webdynpro ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I wanted to check how the files in the client file system be read from a webdynpro ABAP.

I cannot use cl_guifrontend_services method directory_get_list as it gives dump sayin there is no proper GUI running.

-Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

front end services are only for SAP GUI.

You have to use FileUpload UI element to uplaod a file from client machine

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

Thanks for your reply.I want to get the list of directories and files into my application.I want the result the way we get when we execute cl_gui_frontend_services.

-Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

With file upload UI element you get, windows like OPEN file options. Below are the links of how to upload & Process a TAB delimeted file using the File Upload & reference from Thomas jung in reply to a similar query.

[]

[]

[]

Greetings

Prashant

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you place FileUpload UI element there is a browse button which automatically displays alll the client machine file system and user can choose a file from that File Open dialog box.

this is inbuilt functionality of File Upload UI element.

Abhi

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You have to remember that you are running within an internet browser. Internet browsers enforce a security sandbox for which everything running in them is subject to. Even with security zones, there are many things that browsers simply don't allow natively. One of those things is direct access to the filesystem. Even with the fileUpload UI element, the server never knows anything about the filesystem - they only get context posted back into the body of the HTTP response object.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot guys.

Points awarded to all.

Answers (0)