cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Checking for Planned Cost against Current Budget

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Just want to check if there is any available exits for PS that allow checking of the Planned Cost for a Network Activity/WBS Element/Project against the Current Budget (as those allocated in tcode CJ30) for the particulare Network Activity/WBS Element/Project.

The requirement is that, the Saving functions for the Network Activity/WBS Element/Project will not be allowed if the Planned Cost maintained exceeds the Current Budget allocated in CJ30.

Should I resort to enhancement development or is there an standard user exits that I can use?

Pls advise.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi,I have a same requirement as this one. Did you find a solution? If yes, could you share? Thanks!!

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

for the budget profile activate availability control and set an error message for tolerance limit 100%

copy planned cost to the budget

this way when the budget is exceeded (exceeded plan cost) then the system will not allow posting as the error is set in availability control

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. So where should i activate this Availability Control for the budget profile?

2. And for the setting of error msg for tolerance limit of 100% - is this configuration changes or enhancement that you meant here? If there is a place where I can set the tolrance limit of 100% for this SAP Std checking error to work, pls advise.

Thanks.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check ouot config in budgeting

under SPRO

PS

Costs

Budgeting

if you do not know check out SAP help or get a good SAP PS consultant to set this up for you

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are already having that Tolerance limit config in place.

However, what I want is for the Planned Cost "Save" function to be insuccessful or not allowed when checked against the Current Budget.

The tolerance limit only defines whether the tolerance limit is checked at PR, PO, GI etc.

User requirement is that they do not want a particular Activity to be created at all if the allocated budget has exceeded.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Planned values for WBSE cannot be checked against the Budget values.

However you can get the planned values from the Network activities to get added to the assigned values so that they can be checked against the available budget.

For this change the 'Order Value Updating' accordingly and tell the system that for your NWA (Network Type) the planned value should be 'Assigned to Funds'

SPRO=>Project System=>Costs=>Planned Costs=>Define Order Value Updating for Orders for Projects

with regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Tcode OPS9, use '1' for activation type for Availability Control.

Then set tolerance limit 100 for that budget profile and use '++' activity group. Set Action type '3' error message for the same.

When you try to create a new activity or plan for additional cost which exceeds the allocated budget, it will throw an Error message and will not allow you to save the project at all.

Regards,

Kabir