cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prinout in ZEBRA S4M 8 dot using ASCIIPRI is cut

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have this new printer in plant which is ZEBRA S4M 8. Initially we have used zebra printer as a device type configured in SPAD but the decription information is not being printout below the barcode. I have changed the device type to ASCIIPRI: some generic ASCII device type and it works however the decription is cut off. We have tried using Zebra label printer 300dpi but it got worse so i reverted it back to the generic printer. The user is using OMJ4 to prinout but no spool is generated so we could not check its format. The paper alignment was checked as well but it seems fine. We could not pinpoint what went wrong.

Looking forward for your response on this. Thanks in advance

Rachelle Ann

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I think the problem is in the ZPLII coding.

Maybe you can make with BAR-ONE or Zebra Designing tool an example which is ok in its preview.

Then compare this to the coding which is sent to the Zebra printer. (this is standing in the spool. Mostly with a very small font. Convert it to PDF and then you can see the coding)

I expect you're using sapscript

Gr., Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for your input.

Can you elaborate it more, i am not familiar with ZPLII coding even with BAR-ONE or Zebra Designing tool. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ann

Zebra works with ZPLII printerdriver coding.

e.g so it starts always with ^XA

it always end with ^XZ

The data that has to be printed is standind beteween ^FD and ^FS

The position is with ^FO8,30

The font can be set with ^A0N

THe barcodes can be set with a veryvery lot of commands

etc etc

So this it very hard to do. Hoewever if you're familiair with it you can do almost anything with a zebra.

The manual with the explanation of all commands can be downloaded (to me it is a very clearing manual)

To make Zebra life a lot easier zebra has made a tool especial for SAP called ZebraDesigner for mysap suite ith in it a label designer and a font designer.

With the labeldesigner you can design a label.

If you think it is alright then you can create ZPLII code with it. This code can you put in your sapscript or smartform.

I working with BAR-one, which is an old version designer. But that one can not be downloaded anymore.

Hope this helps!

Gr., Frank