cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy Cost Planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created quotation from CJ20n in sales pricing .when i see it in va22 quotation is picking value calculated by easy cost planning . In CJ40 screen Plan total is Easy cost plan value+ Planned cost value.

as i think when i offer quotation it should have plan total, not only easy cost plan value or planned cost value.

i want to clarify in which scenario quotation will contain price calculated from only easy cost plan, & only Planned cost value .

what is difference between easy cost planning & cost planning in CJ40???????????

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in std SAP if you want sales pricing from CJ20N then you must use Easy Cost Planning

otherwise if you want quote from std WBS planninng then you will need to create a sales enquiry with the DIP profile to generate quote - this will not take it from Easy cost planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra ,

Nice anwer from u.

pl could u tell me scenario where we use easy cost planning & Planning through CJ40 .

so that it will clear to me when should i go for easy cost planning & when for Planning through CJ40

Thxxx.

ansar_shaikh2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer to this link. Virendre Pal had explained in a better way.

from CJ20N when you click on the ECP button to carry out cost planning then you would be asked for a costing variant and a version. In IDES system this is PS06 and then you should click on the create cost estimate button.

If you are not getting any costing variant as a default proposal then you have not configured any costing variant for ECP in your system. Please do that and you should be OK

Cost element planning is for primary cost elements

Activity planning is for secondary cost elements

you can select a range of cost elements or create a cost element group and use that in the inital screen of txn CJR2

Easy Cost Planning and Execution Services is a simplified form of cost planning that is integrated into the SAP System. It is of particular use when several planners are involved or when your planning is carried out using similar methods.

The use of this planning form ensures that all of the relevant costs incurring functions are included. This means you can avoid errors.

When planning, the planner enters the cost incurring functions in the form of characteristics, from which the system generates and then costs costing items for the unit costing.

The planning object can be structured whichever way the planner chooses, and the substructures that the user defines can be costed separately. Existing structures, such as those in the Project System for example, are included in the costing.

You cannot use the Execution Services for appropriation requests. You can only use them for ad hoc cost estimates if you have assigned an account assignment object to the ad hoc cost estimate.

Regards,

ANSAR