cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E2E - BI Setup Guide

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can some one point me where can i get the E2E BI Setup Guide ? (This being refered in lot of E2E documents for some issue, but could not able to find it..)

Thanks,

Murali.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even thought the managed system setup ran successfully from SMD including E2E extractor jobs created successfully status, in solution manager server it is not showing the job E2E_EC_SID_Installno...

Any idea why this job is not created ?

Thanks,

Murali.

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please run CCMS BI Setup manually. Hopefully this should solve your problem.

Feel free to revert back.

-=-Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Thanks for the reply. I already ran the ccmsbisetup tcode from BI client (001) with Scenario as E2E, it did lot of things during the setup but unfortunately it did not create the job whereas as mentioned earlier 2 other systems jobs (one solman, one portal) are running fine. I remember doing this same setup long back when adding first portal system.

Is having 2 portal systems under same installation number will be a problem during job creation ? I also tried to create a job manually with same pattern of other running one (E2E_EC_SID_installno) but it finishes immediately with message as E2E extractor not found ...

Also noticed in the table E2E_ACTIVEEXTR it has created entries for the new portal system during the managed system setup .

Thanks,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue is solved. In sm37 there was a job scheduled under the same name almost 2 months back which is stopping the job to be created again when we ran the managed system setup. After deleting that as well as deleting the variant created in the controller job (E2E_controller_extractor) for that system, ran the managed system setup again for that portal and it created the job successfully and it started running every hour.

Thanks for all who tried to give suggestion.

Thanks,

Murali.

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this note for CCMS BI Setup installation and Configuration. Gives you step by step procedure.

Note 979581 - Installing and configuring the CCMS BI Content

This will solve your problem.

-=-Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuram,

Actually in our system from solution manager E2E extractor job is running for solution manager system and one of the production portal system, but when after configuring another portal system where the SMD agent setup and Wily setup has been completed, but still there is no E2E job for that SID got created. That is the reason i was expecting for a setup guide. Will the note mentioned by you solve this ?

Thanks,

Murali.

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Before you post a thread on SDN, Please read Rules of Engagement. The actual problem of yours is totally different from what you have asked now. Go through the note fully, if it doesn't solve the issue. Please post any further info if possible.

-=-Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raguram,

Thanks for pointing the note earlier, but at the same i am not sure why i have to read Rules of Engagement ? I asked for Setup Guide where you pointed for the note which has got steps but the at the same time on the same ground i mentioned the reason why i asked for the setup guide, that's all..I will let you know after going through the note completly.

Thanks

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuram,

I ran the setup again in BI client of solman, but still the job E2E_Extractor for that SID is not getting created. But i have the job running for long time for 2 more SIDs which got configured long back.

Could this be because of the Collect Configuration Scheduler job from diagnostics is failing for this SID ?

If i run the setup for this managed system, it is saying the E2E extractor process setup completed but no job in SM37.

Thanks,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also i mentioned the error log coming out of Collect configuration Scheduler job earlier in a different post titled SMDiagnostics - setup but somehow the status is showing as answered, could not able to make it back to non-answered, if you can let me know the solution by checking that post, that will be helpful.

Thanks,

Murali.

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you check the spool of these E2E jobs? It should contain...

"Invalidating Cache..." and "Number of records written to BI..."

-=-Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raguram,

Thanks for the reply. There are 2 jobs related to E2E running every hour (E2E_EC_SID_INSTALLNO) one for solution manager itself and another for one of the production portal. But for the system (another production portal) which i am getting the collect configuration data scheduler error as reported earlier there is no E2E job associated. In this scenario any suggestion from your side ?

The following is the part of the spool log from E2E of working portal :

ME: Number of records written to persistence: 152

EC: Invalidating MDX Cache.

Thanks,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure whether the Collector Configuration Data scheduler job is failing for this portal system with a message as follows (this was also reported by me in a different message earlier which accidentatly got closed) :

3028] The task Collect Configuration Data (sappp1-v3p) failed during its processing!

[EXCEPTION]

com.sap.sup.admin.scheduler.exception.FatalTaskExecutionException: An exception occurred while parsing file fc.xml from host [sappp1-v3p] !

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

I could not able to find fc.xml anywhere ....

Could this be a reason for the E2E job not getting created for this portal ?

Thanks,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This error is gone after removing one of the duplicated file (instance.properties under configtool folder).

But still the E2E workload analysis as well as PAR report are blank. Any idea ?

Thanks