cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while selecting Multiple batchs in Delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am facing a problem while selecting multiple batches for single item while creating delivery. It gives me Error "Item Category not defined for Batches".

But if i select one batch per delivery it works fine.

Pls guide me.

Thanks in advance.

Shailendra Panhale

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shailendra,

1. Even though you do Batch Management Configuration in Logistic General. Item Category that is used should be activated for Batch Split.

a. In That case IMG --> Logistics Execution --> Shipping --> Deliveries --> Define Item Categories for delivery, Choose the item category you have defined for the process and activate the following indicators

Relevant for picking,

St location Required

Determine storage location and

Auto Batch Determination Indicator

b. --> Logistics Execution --> Shipping --> Deliveries --> Define Item Category determination in deliveries

Maintain it accordingly Delivery type(ZLF) + Item category(NORM) + Usage(CHSP - Batch split) + Item Category + item Category (ZTAN)

Maintain Copy controls for Delivery to billing accordingly throuh the Tcode VTFL

Regards

Sathya

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member315051
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Kilnly check weather item catagory is activated for Batches

Path : Logistics - General -Batch Management-Batch Determination and Batch Check-Activate Automatic Batch Determination in SD-Activate Automatic Batch Determination for Delivery Item Cat

and check search procedure is assigned to Sales area

Path : Logistics - General -Batch Management-Batch Determination and Batch Check-Batch Search Procedure Allocation and Check Activation-Allocate SD Search Procedure/Activate Check

Regards,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ramesh,

I have checked most of settings taking help of previous forum discussion.

The main problem is that it is working fine / ok in Dev but giving error in Quality & Production. We are not able to pin point the problem.

All the setting as per discussion forum where checked for Dev, Quality & Production and found that the setting are same on all the three servers.

Please guide.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

pls check wether you have maintained batch determination procedure to sales document type

in strategy types of the batches you will find the Batch Splits -- No of Splits

here you can maintain the no of splits , if it is blank it allows n no of splits

regards

vardhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

check whether the Item category you have maintained with Batches.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello AP,

Thanks for the reply. Please can u elaborate it more with path.

Thanks & regards,

Shailendra Panhale

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

IMG --> Logistics General --> Batch Management --> Batch Determination and Batch check -->

here you can maintain all the settings

pls make search in the forum it has been discussed recently

regards

vardhan