cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in PO "IO Budget exceeded"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working with extended classic scenario , I am facing a problem while changing the PO.

When I try to add or delete any line item in the PO it throws error of "Budget Exceeded for the IO XXXX" for 1st line item or any other line among the PO for which the PO is ordered and Budget is available.

e.g.

1) PO is created with one IO 1P , its in ordered status . after that I try to add 2nd line item in the same PO with IO 2P, that time it throws error " Line item 1 Budget exceeded for IO 1P "

2) Po created with 8 line items with different IOs.. When I try to delete 6 line item , it throws Budget exceeded error for other line item.

Its working fine in Test system, I tried to replicate the same scenario in ET2 ( Test system ) but I didn't get any error there, so its really very difficult to analyse exactly whats happening in production system.

Please help me out to resolve this issue

Regards,

Sheetal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sheetal,

Also check the following notes and see whether they are helpful:

Note 1292419 - Budget exceeded error while changing a SRM purchase order

Note 1068860 - Extended classic:Budget check errors on trying to change PO

Note 1250606 - Budget exceeded errors incorrectly raised

Thanks,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

I will surely check the given OSS notes.

Sheetal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sheetal,

Did you find put what was it?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neeraj,

I didn't get solution on this yet.

Do you have any idea about it.

Sheetal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try to debug the same with the help of ABAP.

If in one sytem it is working and in the other system it is not working.

Please check 1) the Configuration for both the system

2) ITS related source code

Regards

G.Ganesh Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh

I have checked with the ABAPer , he has debugged the PO but he didn't get anything specific.

Could you please tell me the config setting which needs to checked.. I have checked the R/3 controlling setting and nothing has changed.. So is there any other setting which needs to be checked, also pls give some idea about the ITS source code.

Thanks

Sheetal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Budget check is instance specific so in other words, if it works in QA, it can fail in prod or vice versa, cuz, you have to maintian budgets in each instance and the usage of that IO may be different, try and create the same scenario PO directly in ECC and check if you get the same errors. If yes, then its not SRM issues, its ECC (FI) issues, else you try to install those notes mentioned in this thread or talk to OSS

Thanks,

CS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi CS,

I have tried all sceanrios before reporting this problem .I had created PO in R/3 and deleted , added line item in the same PO.. There is no any error in R/3 system.

Its working fine. Only problem in the SRM side. That day I received one more same problem with another PO.& IO.. User was trying to delete the PO line item , he wasn't able to delete it that day. But next day, he could able to delete the line item. & nothing was changed in that one day... This is really inconsistency of the system.. I don't know whats happening in the system and how to rectify this error. As I said, I had tried to replicate the scenarion in SRM test system . In my first atttempt , i could able replicate the same error, but when I tried next day there was no any error in the PO...... After that I tried many POs but not able to replicate the same error. I have raised OSS for this , but side by side I am trying to fix this problem from side, as many problems are reporting from the user side..

Also I would like to share one more imp thing, that this problem is only one specific conutry.. We are supporting Globally, but not other than Thailand reported this problem and its nos are also increasing day by day.

Is there FI-CO related check setting there in SRM & R/ 3?

I have checked the R/3 Co setting for IO, so will the Tolerance limit setting affect in this case?

Please let me know

Sheetal