cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info structure - Updating Rules

Former Member
0 Kudos

My clients requirement is to generate a report filtering some of the irrelevant Billing item categories like Samples,Free of charges, etc.

How can we maintain this item categories filteration in Updating Rules

thank you in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member648947
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Varada,

I hope I got it right. I could not understand wht you meant by Billing item categories. and also i assume that you are asking how to maintain this for Info strucutre Updating.

my suggestion will be, to maintain the requirement

Please go to transaction MC1B , here you define your requirement.

when you will be creating update rule. assign this requirement in Update defination transaction MC24

In the above requirement you can add the filter , you will have to get ABAP consultant's Opinion and help to write this requirement.

I hope this help. Please let me know if you need any calrification.

Regards,

Paresh

sarthak_mohantysd
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Varada,

Update rules help you to define updating in detail.

The definition of the update rules depends on the information structure and update group.

Update rules consist, for example, of the source field, the event which triggers the update, requirements and formulas.Once you have defined the update rules, the corresponding update programs are automatically generated.

Process of maintaining update Rules -

1. In the "Info structure" field, specify the name of the info structure for which you would like to maintain the update rules.

2. Allocate an update group to the information structure in order to establish an application-specific reference and press enter.

3. Define the individual update rules.

4. For the key figures define the event of updating as well the type of updating.

5. Procede in the same way for the other key figures.

6. When you have defined the update rules for all key figures and characteristics, save these update rules.

7. Before the generation, all of the update rules are checked for consistency. Possible inconsistencies are documented in a log and generating is canceled.

For examples - update rule describes the upate for the event "Item category". Here, the key figure is updated from special source information everytime a new document is generated in the system.

Regards,

SARTHAK