cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Error to Tape - DD write error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

We have problem upon moving our SAP Server to different location.

Whenever I execute backup task, we have this following errors thus failing entire backup process:

BR202I Saving G:\ORACLE\PRD\SAPDATA3\PRD_1\PRD.DATA1                                                    
BR203I to /dev/nmt0 ...                                                                                
BR278E Command output of 'dd bs=64k conv=sync if=G:\ORACLE\PRD\SAPDATA3\PRD_1\PRD.DATA1 of=/dev/nmt0':  
dd: unable to initialize ASPI manager                                                                   
dd: using NT tape support                                                                                
warning: failed to set blocksize: The parameter is incorrect.                                           
dd: The parameter is incorrect.                                                                         
dd: write error: The parameter is incorrect.                                                            
1+0 records in                                                                                
0+0 records out                                                                                
1 write error                                                                                
BR280I Time stamp 2009-03-11 16.00.18                                                                   
BR279E Return code from 'dd bs=64k conv=sync if=G:\ORACLE\PRD\SAPDATA3\PRD_1\PRD.DATA1 of=/dev/nmt0': 1 
BR222E Copying G:\ORACLE\PRD\SAPDATA3\PRD_1\PRD.DATA1 to/from /dev/nmt0 failed due to previous errors   
BR280I Time stamp 2009-03-11 16.00.21                                                                   
BR317I 'Alter tablespace PSAPPRD end backup' successful                                                 
BR056I End of database backup: beacknpg.ant 2009-03-11 16.00.18                                         
BR280I Time stamp 2009-03-11 16.00.21                                                                   
BR054I BRBACKUP terminated with errors        

I didn't change any parameter, just unplug all cables and removing tape from its device.

Is there any help?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

The acronym ASPI means Advanced SCSI Programming Interface. The ASPI layer (also called ASPI manager) is a software layer which sits between applications (programs) and low-level drivers managing the (mostly SCSI) hardware. With the ASPI layer, an application can manage in a more general way all the interaction with the drives and other devices.

may be problem with your SCSI cable to tape drive check it

for more info chek this link

http://www.macdisk.com/faqaspien.php3

Regards,

Nitin Salunkhe.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using Windows Server 2003.

The backup is running well until I move SAP Server to different location.

Can you explain what that command will do please?

Thanks in advance.

former_member227600
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are using win 2003,than you have no need to mount datafiles ,this command for AIX OS.

Karan

former_member227600
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You did not tell about OS & DB version. If you are working on AIX than you have to set the block size to 000,by default it is 512. You have to change this size 512 to 000. And if you are working oracle10g ,than you have to mount datafiles with this command

mount -o cio /oracle/<SID>/sapdata1..to sapdatan

If you will not mount datafiles with this option than you will not able to take online backup.

karan