cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to preserve white space from proxy sender through to JMS receiver?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario where a proxy is sending a call to PI and this is mapped to a JMS receiver.

I'm using SAP NW PI 7.1.

Does anybody know how to preserve white space (blank padding) in the XML fields?

Here is what I have tried so far:

1) Using the "whiteSpace" facet with value "preserve" on the field in the XML data type used by the proxy sender (set in the 'Details' column, as per http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/b2/439347ce019848bf3ad9c000d414c3/frameset.htm).

2) Adding an enumerated attribute "space" to the field with value "preserve" (as per the XML spec.) in the XML data type.

3) In the PI mapping, concatenate trailing blanks back onto the field and enclose the mapped field in <![CDATA[ and ]]>. Looking at the queues in the mapping, this seems to work. But looking at the processed message in the MONI, the trailing blanks have again been stripped from the target message.

Does anybody have any other ideas?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lynn and Vishnu,

Thank you both for your fast responses. You are both correct.

Vishnu - The spaces do not show up in the MONI browser, but we switched in a file receiver to see what was coming out and the spaces are there in fact, as you suggested.

Lynn - We also found that it was not necessary to use the "whiteSpace" facet, nor do anything special, as you suggested.

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you are sure that Spaces are retained after mapping.

then I dont think there would be any problem further, It may not show in the MONI browser, check the actual Output (at the target system). In SXMB_MONI, right click view source the msg, or even check in a proper text editor (like editplus, ultra edit etc) there you may see them

Regards

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've posted something on my message - maybe it will help you.