Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost center assignment view as soon as the open the cost assignment section

former_member348740
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SRM Experts,

When creating a shopping cart we have to click several times to view the cost center assignment, is there a way to have it viewable as soon as the open the cost assignment section to complete their project code information.

Standard Process: Item Details -> Cost Assignment -> Details -> Cost Center (here we are able to enter cost center) - BBPSC02 Transaction

Required Process: Item Details -> Cost Assignment -> Cost Center (here we are able to enter cost center) - BBPSC02 Transaction

SRM Version: 4.0 and Extended Classic Scenario.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Thanks,

Sudarsan

Edited by: KOYYA SUDARSANA NAIDU on Mar 12, 2009 11:17 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member348740
Participant
0 Kudos

not answered - thanks for your responses

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudarsan,

You can also enter this information at header level (in the top of SC), i belive you will have less "click" to perform.

Thanks

Zameer Sayed

former_member348740
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Zameer,

Thank you for your response.

We dont have any filed to enter Cost Center Details at header level for Shopping Cart. Cost center can be entered at Item Level only.

Thanks,

Sudarsan

former_member206968
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just check if account assignment category 'CC' is maintained as leading field in spro setting 'Define Account assignment category'.

Regards,

Sanjeev

former_member348740
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

Yes, we are maintaining account assignment category 'CC' as Leading acct assign. fld. in SPRO - Define Account Assignment Categories config.

Thanks,

Sudarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudarsan,

Once you open the cost assignment tab, if your default AAC is CC, then the so called "Assigned to" field will act as cost center field, and the same field will act as WBS if the AAC is WBS. This is purely a training issue, you need to tell your users is that this field is standard accounting field and act as Cost Center for AAC CC and WBS for WBS (AAC).

Thanks,

CS

former_member348740
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chinna Swamy,

that is correct what you mentioned and we are using default cost center only. But my user wants to see the Cost Center Value whenever they click on Cost Assignment tab from the Item Details.

Thanks,

Sudarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

That would be fairly simple, just maintain a default cost center in the cost center attribute of org structure for that user and also maintain cost center as default account assignment. It should definetely work, let me know.

Thanks,

CS

former_member348740
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi CS,

Cost Center Default assignment is working fine. There is no problem in assignment and value. I have requirement displaying Cost Center. User wants to see the Cost Center filed / value whenever they click Cost Assignment Tab like G/L Account No Field.

Thanks,

Sudarsan

former_member348740
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SRM Experts,

Can any one advise or guide me to get solution for my issue.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Thanks,

Sudarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Cost centre should be displayed by default if you check the Defualt check box for that user in the org.structure attribute setting for CC attribute. So check the default check box against the CC.

Or

If your user is only using Cost Centre then exclude WBS element and other account assignment for that user in the org.structure attribute then the user defualt to cost centre only. Please note that this applicable only if that user don't want to use WBS element anymore.

Cheers!!!

NMK

former_member348740
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi NMK,

Cost Center Default assignment is working fine. There is no problem in assignment and value. I have requirement displaying Cost Center like GL Account Dsplay in Cost Assignment Tab when user click on Cost Asignment Tab.

User wants to see the Cost Center field / value whenever they click Cost Assignment Tab (wnen User clicks on Cost Assignment Tab, user able to see the Percentage, Account Category Reference, Assigned To, Description, Business Area, Action).

Thanks,

sudarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Koyya,

You can assign the cost centre value in the org.structure using the attribute CNT ( Cost centre). If you assign the value in the attribute then the user no need to input the value by default the CC value should display.

Sorry if i understand your requirement wrongly.

Best Regards,

NMK