cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel a process and get the status Cancelled

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm reading information on cancelling/deleting a workflow.Supposedly I should use transaction SWWL.

But reading the information on http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/43/65c42db39b0398e10000000a1553f6/content.htm, it says:

"Process is terminated (for example, by a control step) or an administrator deletes the process logically - Status CANCELED"

From this bit on sap help, I think that whenever I tried to cancel a process, I could still find it with the status cancelled. However using SWWL the process just dissapears (you can't find it on the BPM monitor - SWF_XI_SWI1). It's more

Also in that link it says that the BPE should send a negative ACK. This does happen when the status is a genuine CANCELED status (set with a control step) but it does not if you use SWWL.

So what does SAP refers by saying "an administrator deletes the process logically"? (I'm not getting the negative ack that it says if I use SWWL).

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jorge,

I'm wondering when you used SWWL does it logically delete the process or it actually delete the process. I think SWWL actually delete's the process. And if you look at the status it would be "complete" not "canceled".

Since SWWL removes the process itself, it will not generate any ACK. I guess so.

Hope this will help.

Nilesh

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>So what does SAP refers by saying "an administrator deletes the process logically"? (I'm not getting the negative ack that it says if I use SWWL).

this note specifies directly how to logically delete the process

(solution part of this note):

Note 807906 - BPE-TS: Deleting process with correlations

was that what you were looking for?

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answers.

Michal, what I'm trying to do is to check the ACKs sent automatically by the ccBPM in PI. The way it works is the following:

- The final status of the BPM is completed --> it's sending a positive ack -ALEAUD

- The final status of the BPM is cancelled --> it's sending a negativa ack

- The status of the BPM is error --> it's not sending ack

(depending on the configuration of IDX_NOALE it'll be an application or a system ack, which changes the status of the idoc accordingly in the sending system)

Reading the link above of my first post, I wondered what would happen if "an administrator deletes the process logically". And I'm checking that as Nilesh says, PI is not sending any ACK, at least if I use SWWL. So I don't really understand that phrase in sap help.

-

(edit --> Nilesh, using SWWL the workflow just dissapears, and all other other work item types associated. So there's no status for it)

Edited by: Jorge Lopez on Mar 13, 2009 10:00 AM

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jorge, SWWL completely deletes the BPM instance and once deleted, the corresponding message workflows cannot be even monitored simply due to deleted instances. This tcode has to be handled by the Administrator only in the production environment. In fact, in Prod, it is recommended not to use this tcode at all. In my opinion, "An administrator deletes the process logically" would simple refer to some cases wherein the administrator has to delete the process instance due to some logical error in the flow.

Regards,

Prateek