cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Terms by Material/Material Group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I realize that this topic has been covered many times in different threads. I've spent a day looking through threads and searching the internet, and am still fuzzy on the topic.

Our company needs to have different payment terms for two different groups of items. Group A needs payment by 30 days (Z003), and Group B needs payment by 90 days (Z009). Customers purchase these goods together in one order. I know there is no material master option for payment terms, but I have read about invoice splitting based on condition records set for materials or material groups, and I think that may work.

I think I have to set the payment terms in the condition record at VK11/VK31, and also have to configure the delivery to bill copy control in VTFL. This is all new to me, and I"m not sure where to start. I would just like to configure Z003 for Group A, Z009 for group B, and then have an invoice produced for each group upon a sales order being submitted. Any detailed help is appreciated!

Thanks,

J

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hans suggesstion is good.

Further to it,

Material group(MATKL) or Material Pricing Group (KONDM) are already in the allowed fields for pricing and you can use them. If you want to use any other field, then you need to add that specific field to the pricing catalog and also to pricing communication structure KOMPAZ.(ABAP will do that).

Create condition table with this newly added field and sales area based on your companies requirement.

Create Acc seq and assign the cond table to it

Create your condition type and assign the Acc Seq to it.

Add the Condition type to your pricing procedure at the end of all cond types...maintain it as statistical.

Then create the condition record using VK11 for this newly created condition type, maintain value / discount as *zero / blank and give the Paymnet terms which you need to be applied .

Then as per the materail, the payment terms from the condition record will flow in your order line item.

Sales Header Terms will be from Customer Master.

Invoice will split based on the different Payment terms at line item.

Thanks

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you both for the replies.

Sai, the method that you described worked perfectly. I created a new condition table, access sequence, condition type, and condition record. The material groups split the invoice by payment terms, and two documents were created. Thanks for the help.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

just start with the condition.

creat a new condition yxxx for the payment-terms.

add this condition in your pricing procedure. it can be just at the bottom.

The payment-term will be put out of the Condition in VBKD - in the Position of your order.

if you have the field A and B in your master material data, create e condition-table with this field.

if this field is not avalible -- this would be an next question -- in this forum.

make your condition over vk12 with A = Z003 and B = Z009

it will work.

Pay attention,

if Customer has payment-terms Z001

if Material brings over Condition Payment term Z003.

if the key-felds of the condition will fall off ( if you work with scales ) - and the condition for Z003 is not longer active - the Z003 will rest in your position. If you dont want to have this - you must do some tricky programming in userexits MV45afzz / MV45afzb to turn the payment condition back to z001.

up to 300 EUR -- condition type is Z003 over this contition type is as in Customer data basis -- that will be the tricky thing. I did it for the valuta days.

hans