Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key field and nonkey field in condition record

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am learning SAP SD.

I am studing pricing procedure.

1) Please explain about the key and non key field of condition record.

2) How the non-key field can be added in the condition tables?

3) What is price book & table no: 144? How it is maintained for pricing procedure?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

hueychin_liew
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish Desai,

Can you please let us know what exactly you mean by 'key field'? In which transaction code we can see this field?

Best regards,

Huey Chin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Huey,

Following explaination from the book regarding the key and non-key fields

Condition records are always created using a specific key.

Condition table are used to define the stucture of the keys of condition record.

The most important fields used in pricing at the header and item levels are availablein the standard system.

Since SAP R/3 Release 4.5, you can also add non-key fields to the condition tables. This explain in condition table 144, which is used in the price book (condition type PBUD).

The key fields of a condition table must appear at the start of the table.

In the condition table you can determine whether a field appears in the header or in the item of the generated fast entry screen for the maintainance of condition reciords.

The table no: 005 customer/material is considerred as an example where Key field are indicated

- Sales Org

- Dis. Channel

- Material (check mark on Line) so this field appear in line item of condition record and SO and Dis. Ch appear as a header key field.

Question :

1) Please explain about the key and non key field of condition record.

2) How the non-key field can be added in the condition tables?

3) What is price book & table no: 144? How it is maintained for pricing procedure?

Regards,

Ashish

Edited by: Ashish Desai on Mar 13, 2009 1:59 PM

hueychin_liew
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish Desai,

Thanks for your update. First of all, you must understand what's 'Condition Table' for the start.

This is the place where you define the combination of fields for which you can create condition records via VK11.

In order to display what's in the Condition Table, you can goto transaction V/05 & proceed entering table '144' in your system for example. You have the flexibility on selecting any field from the field catalog which you would like to be include for condition record.

Please click on the 'Technical View' button which is located on the top & system will display the technical information on each of the selected fields for condition record purpose.

You should be able to find column 'Key' beside the selected field. Selecting this indicator marks the field as a key field for a condition table.

I hope the above is able to help you understand your first question on "Please explain about the key and non key field of condition record." & second question "How the non-key field can be added in the condition tables?".

I split your third question into two as below:

1. What is price book & table no: 144?

Answer: 144 is just an example of condition table. You can create your own with you prefere fields in transaction V/03.

2. How it is maintained for pricing procedure?

Answer: I assume you were asking how condition table in relation to pricing procedure. You can find the details customizing on pricing in SPRO->Sales and Distribution ->Basic Functions->Pricing->Pricing Control.

I hope the above information could help.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Huey Chin