cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Management in XI implementation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could someone provide me the user management and authorization assignment in an XI implementation.

What are the authorizations that shall be given to an XI developer. In our case the XI developer is doing admuin work also like SLD config etc. But still as an administrator I do not want to give him all the authorizations. Is there any standard XI implementation methodology?

Regards,

Shobhit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shobit,

I guess u can give your developer access to Administration rights in XI as there me be issues with Object locks and cache refreshing

In case there is need of an object locked during development, ur developer needs to remove the lock before he can proceed with editing that object.

if you are still skeptical, you need not give him admin rights, and ask you to be called on to login as admin and remove locks/refresh cache.

Thanks,

Prashanth

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shobit,

you have several roles:

SAP_XI_DISPLAY_USER

SAP_XI_DEVELOPER

SAP_XI_CONFIGURATOR

SAP_XI_CONTENT_ORGANIZER

SAP_XI_MONITOR

SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR

SAP_SLD_CONFIGURATOR

SAP_SLD_ADMINISTRATOR

Most of them are composed from other roles. Look to transaction PFCG to see the single roles and a description.

For Java stack authorisations have a look to Michals weblog

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/05/25/xi-how-to-add-authorizations-to-repository-objects: How to... add authorizations to Repository objects</a>.

Regards,

Udo

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shobhit,

I am not sure if you were asking what kind of authorizations should be given to a XI developer in a real time project.

But anyway it is purely depending on your project structure to give the proper rights to the developer.

You can have a look at this link on the various user roles in XI.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/0f/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

ShaBZ