cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to get maintenance certificate for SDN Subscription NetWeaver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

we have install an double stack NetWeaver 7.0 and patch to sps18. After patching sapkb0018 with spam calling spam will show an error like this:

Error

No valid maintenance certificate found for system NWA.

System ID: NWA

System Number: 000000000311154851

Installation Number: 0020495601

Certificate Name: Maintenance_ADA

As of 2009, maintenance certificates are required to be able to install

and maintain SAP Software using the tools Add-On Installation Tool and

Support Package Manager. These maintenance certificates can be requested

using SAP Solution Manager and distributed automatically to the systems

to be maintained.

For more information, see the SAP Support Portal under

http://service.sap.com/maintenancecertificate and SAP Note 1240265.

Component SV-SMG-LIC is also available for any further queries or

problems.

I understand the problem but don't know where to get the maintenance certificate. For a normal system it is possible but for the SDN Subsription it is not. At the moment we can use spam but define queue for support package is not possible.

Thanks for your help,

Mr. Ly-Na

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well you can mark a mail to sapnetwork@sap.com and ask them directly.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

thanks a lot i will write them a mail.

Regards,

Ly-Na

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

i just got the answer from this mail adresse above the answer that they can't help us. Does somebody have the same problem with sdn subscription?

regards,

Ly-Na

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go through the process of requesting license key as you normally go through and select the system for which you want to apply the support packs in. Select "System Change" option, hit continue on the "System Information" screen, put the hardware key in and under "License type" from the drop down select "Maintenance Certificate" click Save. The Certificate will be e-mailed to your e-mail address. Apply from SLICENSE.

Note: The Maintenance Certificate is only valid for three months so you have to apply it after every three months if you patch your system on a quartely basis or this whole process can be automated through Solution Manager.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Naveed

Former Member
0 Kudos

This document will walk you through step by step.

[https://websmp101.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001504082008E]

Thanks,

Naveed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveed,

if you have a normal license i will no be problem to generate the maintenance license like you say. But with the sdn subscription license it is not possible to do like a normal way.

Regards,

Ly-Na

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ly-Na,

Could you please let me know from where you have downloaded support packages?, is it from SDN?

Regards,

Sreenivas .Y

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sreenivas .Y,

when you buy the license of sdn subscription you also get a oss user. With this user you can download the support package just like normal in service market place.

Thanks,

Ly-Na

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ly-Na, as the maintenance certificate has come mandatory from Jan -09, it seems like there is no support notes for your specific problem. I suggest you create an OSS in the component SV-SMG-LIC for SAP to give the solution. - Also please share with us the answer!

Regards,

Debasis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

problem is solved. You can request the maintenance key from Service Market Place. I have create a oss message an sap tell me to request the maintenance certificate from the Service Market Place and now it works fine.

Thanks,

Ly-Na

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I had the same problem I solved this problem with this note

Note 1280664 - Distribution of maintenance certificates: Troubleshooting

I hope it is help you.

Regards

Danny