cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.1 - Parameter in enhanced receiver determination

0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I am working on PI 7.1.

I defined a scenario where I am using an enhanced Receiver determination to determine the list of target services thanks to an operation mapping and its related message mapping. I'd like to pass a constant value from this receiver determination to use it in the message mapping.

To do so, I set an import parameter in the operation mapping and the message mapping and made the needed binding.

I can then see this parameter in the receiver determination, but I can not put a constant value in it and then activate my configuration..

Do you know why ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have not used this feature yet, however I dont think that this is a bug.

the Parameterized mapping feature is for ID->OM->MM & not for RD.

more info

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/43/bbb7fd90f5332ee10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

/people/jin.shin/blog/2008/02/14/sap-pi-71-mapping-enhancements-series-parameterized-message-mappings

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/909e33f0-738c-2a10-4f87-ce73398b...

Regards

Vishnu

0 Kudos

Hi,

If parametrized mapping can't be used with enhanced receiver determination, what is the purpose of the "parameters" area ?

I also wondered if this functionnality could be used in this case but I found no documentation about that.

I will open a message to SAP and keep you informed.

Thank you both.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing the same issue...with Extended Receiver Determination.

Can you please tell me if your problem is solved?

Thanks and Regards,

Prem

0 Kudos

Hello Prem,

After 2 months of exchanges with SAP, I got the following message this week :

"Dear customer,

we have had several issues regarding parametrized mappings and enhanced receiver determinations. Most of them are solved now, but only in 7.11. Is it an option for you to upgrade to 7.11 or do we need to downport those corrections to 7.10?"

The upgrade to Ehp1 is already planned, we will wait..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your response!

I have already raised a message to SAP last week on this issue and asked if they have a solution in PI 7.10

Because my Basis team thinks that PI 7.11 is complete enhancement package and they are not for it.

I got reply for SAP saying they are looking into it but no solution proposed yet.

From your message I think, they do not have solution for PI 7.10 as of now..lets see what they say.

You said you have planned for upgrade, dont you think this is a ramp up upgrade?

My project Basis team is hesitant for the reason.

Thanks!,

Amulya

Edited by: Amulya Lewis on Jun 9, 2009 5:25 PM

Edited by: Amulya Lewis on Jun 9, 2009 5:32 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it's the same in my PI 7.1 environment. I think it's a SAP bug, you'd better create an OSS message to ask SAP.