cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prioritizing synchronous messages in NW2004

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Stupid question time but I have spent an age looking at this. I understand standard queue prioritization (XBT1, XBTA etc) is only relevant for asynchronous interfaces in XI NW2004, but I have a synchronous interface that is Web Service -> XI -> RFC call to R/3 and back that takes 4-5 seconds to deliver a stock figure back to the web service when the requirement is to get it back in under 1 second. Our XI system is processing lots of asynchronous messages at the same time that I cannot halt; all interfaces are 24-hours a day retail ones.

Is there any way I can prioritize my synchronous stock figure requests in order to reach my sub-1-second goal?

Many thanks for any advice....

Regards

Stuart

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member568822
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can set it by Logon to the Integration Server and navigate to the XI Administration.

Choose: Configure Filter for Queue Prioritization.

For more detail refer :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/04/827440c36ed562e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/59e837d3-0201-0010-c096-dc186973...

Edited by: fcgan on Mar 13, 2009 10:55 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

Regarding my problem here, I'm having a rethink. I have one "sales" interface passing in 80,000 messages over the course of 8 hours that is File->XI->IDoc Adapter->IDoc in R/3. It seems I cannot prioritize my synchronous stock interface as its Best Effort. BUT... if I have about 5,000 of these synchronous stock check calls a day, is it possible for these messages to always enter a new queue of their own and not get assigned to the back of a queue full of messages from my 80,000-a-day sales interface?

How can I configure my stock interface messages to always take priority over the sales interface messages?

Any more ideas welcome!

Many thanks

Stuart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stuart,

I am not aware of any other option to prioritize messages than via SXMB_ADM where you can specify the single interfaces, senders, receivers and queues. This is just for EO and EOIO.

A prioritizing of a synchronous scenario may be less senseful, because you cannot be sure when of if the partner system might be busy or so.

Maybe it's an option to solve your problem to lower the prioritization of al the other scenarios.

BTW: I think a synchronous transaction < 1s may be not reachable in an environment where large and many messages are processed all the time.

Regards,

Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kai,

Thanks for your comments, I think I had reached the same conclusions, but wanted other people with greater knowledge than me to confirm. Whilst I agree a partner may not be available for Best Effort interfaces, I still think it is a valid scenario to want to prioritize the sending of a message and receive a response. It seems a strange omission to me.

Thanks for your help, points awarded.

Stuart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stuart,

thanks ;o)

I also think that this should be part of the system - due to the fact that obviously business requirements exist for such scenarios. Maybe this will be implemented in future...

Kind regards,

Kai