cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPINST error during installation in HP-UX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When I started sapinst to start the installation, sapinst cannot continue due to error ..../product.catalog is not a valid control.xml. The installation has not yet started and the initial screen has not yet appeared when the error was encountered so there were no helpful log to check on sapinst_instdir.

I hope you can help me to resolve the error.

Thanks,

Sameysha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for all the help. I have followed all the instructions given (sapinst_jre_home should be set, space allocation accdg to installation guide) and it's now working.

Now, I am faced with another problem. SAPINST is finding the directory /51033511_2/bs_2005_sr3_sap_installation_master/im_hpux_ia64/NW04S/WEBAS/IND and it is not existing.

I checked the directory and the directory (from SMP) specified above is in small letters however sapinst is finding the directory in capital letters. I don't wht there is a inconsistencies in this directory.

Regars,

Sameysha

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when you copy your DVD on your disk, you must use option nomaplcase (or similar) when mount DVD to force filenames and directory to be in upper case.

this is well explained in the installaltion document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HP-UX is 64bit.

Markus

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you start the installation directly from the DVD and using /tmp as storage, make sure, there's enough space in that filesystem.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the attached link. This link is for Linux but seems to be the same problem.

[;

Hope this helps.

Manoj Chintawar