Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF based Form - 1Label - XSubforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all Experts,

I am totally new to ADOBE Forms and PDF based output. I come from SAPscript ;-(

I am working on a new layout of our Label which we put on every product we produce. On this label we have 2 areas. On one area we have defined Fields inside(Means material number, Product description and so on). And on the 2.area we printout some customer specific datas. So this area will be filled at runtime based on what the printprogramm "delivers". But now comes my big "question mark".

How i have to structure my form, that i can printout the customer specific datas. I know what the printprogramm can deliver, but i dont know how to arange it in the form .Shall i create 1 MasterPage (with data from area 1) and X TextPages(with the data from area 2 (customer specific) . But how can i say at runtime to my form. Use everytime the Masterpage and for scenario 1 use TextPage1 and for scenario 2 use TextPage 2. I have no idea. Maybe there is a better way to do this . Therefore please help my with any idea you have.

Thank you in advance,

Thorsten

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have something called master page and body page.

In Master page we have an area called 'Content area' which is the body page area where the dynamic data (that flows into multiple pages) gets displayed.

So in the master page drag the inside fields(area1) and in the body page drag the table that gets filled at runtime. In the object palette of the table, in the pagination tab, mention the page as page1 in the overflow option. Also on the data object palette, in the binding tab check the repeat subform option.The data will then dynamically flow to the next page.

Regards,

Vidya Chowdhary A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vidya Chowdhary A.,

Thank you for your detailed answers which solved my problem.

Best regards

Thorsten

Answers (0)