cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/taldor/LongTextRow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a WD DC application that uses another Java DC, which has two simple classes - Global and LongTextRow (Both exposed in a single PP as both source and class).

When I try to run the WD app I get the following error - java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/taldor/LongTextRow.

Something is not deployed correctly (I guess)....

Please help,

Aviad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aviad,

As Java DC cannot be deployed directly onto the server, you need to wrap it in a library DC to deploy it.

Since LongTextRow class is required at runtime now, you need to follow the above way.

It might be the case that initially you may not be referencing the Global class at runtime & might be required at design time (build time) only.

Hope this clarifies.

Kind Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Both classes are needed at runtime, and as I mentioned before when I had just one class everything worked fine (without deploying). When I added the second class I got the error (on the second class only - If I only reference the first class I get no errors).

Aviad

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aviad,

As far I know, you need to follow the library DC approach to make the java classes available at runtime.

I hope you also did the DC build for the Java DC after adding the second class to the public part so that it is available to WD DC.

Kind Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

This is not a library DC but a simple class DC.

All worked when I had just one class (Global), but when I added the second class (LongTextRow) I got this error.

Aviad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aviad,

You need to deploy the Java DC onto the server also as these classes are not available at runtime.

Kind Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is a basic Java DC - I have no option to deploy it directly.